Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's basically just a huge poster on how general elections work, and lots of bits on FTFP, quite good for the crashers (me).

We're doing two units at the same time. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is & the DME looks like a godsend. Anyone started PR electoral systems yet?

ReputationRep:
    I never used my notes for Modern Studies. I lost most of them throughout the year. Two days before the exam I bought a (very expensive!) revision book and used that. I just proper revised for about 12 hours straight... I was then going to sell this book on ebay since I had only used it once and hadn't highlighted parts like I tend to do but I accidently spilt my glass of milk all over it. The pages went all wrinkly and stuck together.

Bah :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    **** my life.
    I have 2 Advanced Highers on the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorrr)
    **** my life.
    Which ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorrr)
    **** my life.
    Good God. I feel your pain.. I have a crash higher on a wed and then an adv higher the following day.
    But still 2 adv highers on one day?...I love how organised the sqa are.
    Have you checked the times to make sure they don't clash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I never used my notes for Modern Studies. I lost most of them throughout the year. Two days before the exam I bought a (very expensive!) revision book and used that. I just proper revised for about 12 hours straight... I was then going to sell this book on ebay since I had only used it once and hadn't highlighted parts like I tend to do but I accidently spilt my glass of milk all over it. The pages went all wrinkly and stuck together.

Bah :facepalm:
    I never use my notes either for exams, only study guides and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    Good God. I feel your pain.. I have a crash higher on a wed and then an adv higher the following day.
    But still 2 adv highers on one day?...I love how organised the sqa are.
    Have you checked the times to make sure they don't clash?
    I had 3 AH's in 2 days this year :p:

It's inevitable that some people are gonna get unlucky, unless they stretched out the exam season more, then there's no remedy.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the exams starting so early this year? April for SG. Has that ever happened before? Anyway mine looks not TOO bad!

H English - 12th May
    H Maths - 21st May (nice break there!)
    H Biology - 27th May
    H Physics - 28th May (bad times!)
    H Chemistry - 2nd June

Was considering self teaching H History, just because I love the subject and do really well in it. However, that's on the 26th May. Three highers over three days, one of which is a crash higher and the other of which is self-taught. I think not! Will leave history till sixth year!

ReputationRep:
    What is a crash higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gers)
    What is a crash higher
    It's a Higher where, you haven't done the given subject at Int 2/SG level, and you're attempting it for the the first time at higher. People mostly do it when they need to do a subject for Uni, or just happen to have an interest in that subject.

ReputationRep:
    Standard grades have definitely started in april before. Usually it's just art or something then though.

My guess would be that they change things depending on what day of the week is when, like they shift it backwards sometimes and shift it forwards as mondays and tuesdays shift backwards and forwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    It's a Higher where, you haven't done the given subject at Int 2/SG level, and you're attempting it for the the first time at higher. People mostly do it when they need to do a subject for Uni, or just happen to have an interest in that subject.
    So what is the crash higher ur sitting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gers)
    So what is the crash higher ur sitting?
    Higher Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Higher Psychology.
    *Jealous*
    Bah! I sooo wanted to take this. But one period clashed with my AH biology and sadly thats much more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    *Jealous*
    Bah! I sooo wanted to take this. But one period clashed with my AH biology and sadly thats much more important.
    I'm only doing it to fill up the timetable :p: I'll be pissed if I don't get into the college I want, no chem otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    12th of May, 27th of May and the 2nd of June.... Not to bad! I would rather not have to do them though.
    Ooooh same as mine :p:
    Advanced Highers?
    Sadly however I also have crash higher physics the day after bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzzzz:)x)
    Ooooh same as mine :p:
    Advanced Highers?
    Sadly however I also have crash higher physics the day after bio
    English, Chemistry and Biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    English, Chemistry and Biology?
    :yes:.
    English I look forward to, the other two I am slightly apprehensive about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzzzz:)x)
    :yes:.
    English I look forward to, the other two I am slightly apprehensive about!
    I'm the same, English seems like a realy good course so far, and I enjoy it. I don't have a teacher for Biology, which will be fun! And so far Chemistry is far to Physicsy for my liking!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.