Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    I'm the same, English seems like a realy good course so far, and I enjoy it. I don't have a teacher for Biology, which will be fun! And so far Chemistry is far to Physicsy for my liking!
    Trust me, the first bit of chemistry is the only really physicsy part :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Trust me, the first bit of chemistry is the only really physicsy part :p:
    Thank the lord! I do get it, the thought of doing physics for the whole year just didn't thrill me much! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank the lord! I do get it, the thought of doing physics for the whole year just didn't thrill me much! :p:
    That said, the first unit as a whole probably isn't like chemistry you are used to either :p: It's the organic stuff in unit 3 which will probably be the most familiar. It's all good though! Great course I thought (says the wannabe physicist!)

ReputationRep:
    That said, the first unit as a whole probably isn't like chemistry you are used to either :p: It's the organic stuff in unit 3 which will probably be the most familiar. It's all good though! Great course I thought (says the wannabe physicist!)
    It seems like it will be! Having never done physics (until this year anyway) a lot of the first part was causing me panic. But then I was extreeeemeelly proud at managing to get my head around that thing about the way electrons are arranged in energy levels:yes: Find that both easy and interesting!
    Edit: Now I just need my A to stay in :|.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, English seems like a realy good course so far, and I enjoy it. I don't have a teacher for Biology, which will be fun! And so far Chemistry is far to Physicsy for my liking!
    Those are the same advanced highers I did...and I didn't have a teacher for biology either
    :woo: :woo: :woo:

(chemistry gets better, only the bit right at the start has physics =p)

ReputationRep:
    We almost got over the physics before the holidays, electron configeration and orbital box notation seems all quite interesting :rolleyes: I havn't done physics since s2 which is probably why it was slightly daunting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoSuis)
    Those are the same advanced highers I did...and I didn't have a teacher for biology either
    :woo: :woo: :woo:

(chemistry gets better, only the bit right at the start has physics =p)
    Great minds think alike, I want to be a medic too... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Great minds think alike, I want to be a medic too... :rolleyes:
    Aww i'm an outcast.
    Veterinary medicine hopeful as opposed to medicine:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzzzz:)x)
    Aww i'm an outcast.
    Veterinary medicine hopeful as opposed to medicine:yes:
    Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a nurse I don't have the brains to go into medicine... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been posted before but here is the SQA timetable for 2010 examinations (opens as a .pdf)

God I'm lucky, I have Chemistry, which is my first exam on 30th of April and then my next exam is on the 17th of May. :P

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...timetable+2010

2 week is quite a large gap though. What subjects are you doing this year (asides from Chemistry)?

ReputationRep:
    I've got:

Higher English 12th May
    Higher Biology 28th May
    Higher Chemistry 2nd June
    Higher Computing 3rd June
    Higher Spanish 4th June

Lol, hardly ideal :p:

5 months and 10 days till the start for me...omg...scary. Really scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackwka)
    I've got:

Higher English 12th May
    Higher Biology 28th May
    Higher Chemistry 2nd June
    Higher Computing 3rd June
    Higher Spanish 4th June

Lol, hardly ideal :p:

5 months and 10 days till the start for me...omg...scary. Really scary.
    Ouch lol... at least your English exam is on its own.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, was quite shocked when I first saw it, but after thinking about it, it's not that bad really and at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...timetable+2010

2 week is quite a large gap though. What subjects are you doing this year (asides from Chemistry)?
    I'm doing seven exams in total: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Modern Studies, Craft & Design and Graphic Comm all at SG Credit and I'm doing Int 2 Maths. Working on my Higher English atm, but the exam isn't till 2011.

Got a predicted '11112A' and the "2" was in Chemistry so knowing that I can concentrate on it without having to worry about other exams that follow immediately after is a big plus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quintro)
    I'm doing seven exams in total: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Modern Studies, Craft & Design and Graphic Comm all at SG Credit and I'm doing Int 2 Maths. Working on my Higher English atm, but the exam isn't till 2011.

Got a predicted '11112A' and the "2" was in Chemistry so knowing that I can concentrate on it without having to worry about other exams that follow immediately after is a big plus!
    Ah, impressive predicted grades, I'm sure you'll do very well.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask one of us in Scottish Qualifications or in the subject specific forum.

ReputationRep:
    God, how I miss Standard Grade!!!

Quite happy with how they're spaced out next year and with the gap between English and Modern Studies, I have time to prepare for both History and Modern Studies. Better than years before but that could have been down to subject choice :P

English: 12th May
    Modern Studies: 25th May
    History: 26th May
    Sociology: 12th June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarurrr)
    God, how I miss Standard Grade!!!
    Really? wow. I'm glad to see the back of SGs /Int 2s ( not so much Int2s since they have helped me a lot with highers this year) I'm quite enjoyng my highers. A lot of work, but I love all of my courses(except english, jesus christ whose smart idea was it to make close reading) and luckily this year I have some of my friends in my classes.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by jackwka)
    (except english, jesus christ whose smart idea was it to make close reading)

Hahaa I loved Close Reading...I miss higher english, good times...

Higher Business 17th May
    Advance Higher Modern studies 25th May
    Higher History 26th May

Yuck.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.