Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this ok to wear during the day on holiday in Rome? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm just going sight seeing etc for a few days in Rome with a couple of friends. I know it's going to be boiling so I'm trying to find outfits that won't make me too hot but still look nice. I got this dress today, not specifically for the holiday but just to wear. Do you think it would be ok for Rome or too fancy? (I've never been and don't want to look weird!)

If it's ok then how would you accessorise it and what colour shoes/bag etc?

It's still got its tags on so if you think it doesn't suit me/is horrible PLEASE say so I can return it

Sorry for the rubbish photos!

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you'll be fine.

It's your holiday, you want to look fancy, right?

ReputationRep:
    It looks amazing!

Where is it from/how much is it?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's lovely and really suits you. I'd wear it with gladiator sandals I think- maybe bronze/gold? And a bag in a similar colour, or brown/tan?

ReputationRep:
    It's lovely

I want one! But it wouldn't look as nice on me, LOL! definately keep it and wear it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    Beautiful - where's it from?

Just a heads up - if you enter the vatican city or any of the churches you need to cover your shoulders so bring a shawl or scarf so you don't get ripped off by the street vendors on the day.
    This XD
    It's gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    It looks lovely!

ReputationRep:

Just a heads up - if you enter the vatican city or any of the churches you need to cover your shoulders so bring a shawl or scarf so you don't get ripped off by the street vendors on the day.

I didn't know that! My my!

ReputationRep:
    Looks great

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice and comments :o:
    I find it really hard to judge what looks ok on me!

(Original post by d123)
    It looks amazing!

Where is it from/how much is it?
    From matalan, £25 - I haven't been there in ages but I saw a couple of dresses I liked on the website/in look magazine!

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely take something with me then for anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    I didn't know that! My my!
    and legs if its the same as cypriot monasteries, but im not sure.

Woops quoted the wrong person there

ReputationRep:

Really?

ReputationRep:
    That is one lush dress

ReputationRep:
    kness and shoulders covered if you plan on entering vatican... Pretty strict on dress codes... those guys... shorts weren't allowed and all..

ReputationRep:
    y halo thar
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i like it. looks nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessMeg)
    Basically I'm just going sight seeing etc for a few days in Rome with a couple of friends. I know it's going to be boiling so I'm trying to find outfits that won't make me too hot but still look nice. I got this dress today, not specifically for the holiday but just to wear. Do you think it would be ok for Rome or too fancy? (I've never been and don't want to look weird!)

If it's ok then how would you accessorise it and what colour shoes/bag etc?

It's still got its tags on so if you think it doesn't suit me/is horrible PLEASE say so I can return it

Attachment 73936
    Attachment 73937
    Attachment 73938

Sorry for the rubbish photos!
    Dunno about the dress, but you look nice.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, most holy places in Italy have a general rule about not showing bare shoulders, as a sign of respect. In Rome it's very strict, they have security at the door and will not let you enter any holy place.

There is also a rule about short dresses/skirts ... but most of the time they don't enforce it unless you are wearing a miniskirt or something.
    Wow, is it bad I'm half Italian and I never had any idea about that?

What about wedding dresses, or are churches not included :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I like it, it looks nice on you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.