Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Sport Science at uni after my a-levels but dont know what to take. Im going to be distance learning from home as work commitments at the moment wont allow me to go to college.
    Anyway a majority of uni's require 1 science but with others it isn't essential. Would English Language, Psychology and Sociology be acceptable as I cant study Biology or Chemistry from home because I wouldn't be able to take the practical exams or do the coursework without going to a private exams centre. And ones which do practical experiments are like gold dust.
    Although if you do know anywhere in London/Essex that would be fine!

All help appreciated!

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    shame you can't take biology as that is very useful to a sport science degree

you may get away with Psychology as the 1 science, you need to email/ phone the uni's you are looking at and ask them

can't you do night college or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've looked at evening colleges but there isn't any that do A-Level Bio

ReputationRep:
    i would of through they would have

when i did A-level bio i didn't do a practical exams, but coursework, you may be able to just do 100% exams, i dunno what the rules are on that now

i mean you could do a foundation year at uni, which is a extra year, and it bring you up to that level

ReputationRep:
    Really, do you know what exam board that was with because doing one with just coursework and exams would really appeal to me. Oh and I've noticed your a Hammer..good boy

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.