Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whats anyone make of the managing mode on FIFA 2009?

First time in ages Ive played a managing game on the PS2 and I like it tbh, obviously its not going to be in depth but as a game addition its not too bad.

Managed Pompey, Real Zaragoza now taking up the reins at Manchester United and done quite well. I realised Id been playing on the lower difficulity levels so nudged it up to the highest one, I assume it makes the management side harder? Signed Benzema for £25.8m and Kaka for £35m recently, I do love the transfers side of things in management games.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, transfers are immense. The player growth is stupid though, it's almost like cheating. It's far too predictable, players improve way too much (I now have Ramos, Cacares?, Richards and Lahm all on 99 on one of my saves...) and it spoils the game IMO. Don't get me wrong, player improvement is great, but getting Banega from 76 to 94 in ~2-3 seasons is plain unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy it, but it seems too unrealistic
    After one game, half of the players seem to be on red stamina ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    I enjoy it, but it seems too unrealistic
    After one game, half of the players seem to be on red stamina ;/
    And if you do the staff upgrades, they never get tired.

ReputationRep:
    the **** stamina thing which can be sorted by upgrading stamina training 2 ten, then u can play all the best players every game.
    But the player growth is fukin awful, i loved it for 2 seaons then realised what a joke it was every player was wicked.

I would turn player growth off next time i started a career.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think its that great , I wouldn't even consider it a manager mode that much.
    The transfers are too easy and the matches get quite easy too .

ReputationRep:
    quality

Rooney Torres Eto
    Messi Fabregas C.ronaldo
    Lahm Terry Vidich Alves
    Cech
    Youth
    Pato
    Aguero
    Bojan
    Jagielka
    Benzema

Quality team :P best!! Buy robinho from man citeh he grows fast quick and then sell him!

ReputationRep:
    i used nottingham forrest and after 3 seasons robbie earnshaw was the best in the game :cool: :rolleyes:

i agree the player growth is far too unrealistic, would make much more sense if it went like..

21 and under- players improve quite well
    21-26- players improve, but at a slower rate
    27-30- players stay pretty much the same
    over 31- maybe deteriorate !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.