Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much do you spend on food a week on average? And what sort of food do you buy; for instance, take aways, or real food?

ReputationRep:
    For all food like breakfast, lunch and dinner? Snacks too? I'm going to be budgeting around £30 a week and that's not including take aways.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all meals, as I'm going self-catered...

ReputationRep:
    £20 on average. I cook everything from scratch (although I have a weakness for tortellini) and don't eat take aways. If you can get a parent to do a huge food shop at the beginning of term to get things like rice, pasta, tinned tomatoes and tuna etc it's a massive help. I really notice a difference in my food expenditure when my mum is kind enough to do this for me. £30 a week would enable me to eat more meat - it's a comfortable budget in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    £15 - £20

Mostly fruit, frozen veg, potatoes, fish, minced lamb, rice, pasta. Bread and cheese/ham weekly. Oh and chocolate daily =P

ReputationRep:
    So far the average seems to be around £20 a week to eat fairly well... I just worry because my parents are assuming I'm going to starve x]

ReputationRep:
    So if the norm seems about £20 I should be able to survive on £30 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Fruit - £10

Veg - £5-8

Meat - £6-10

Other (Porridge, Bread making Kit, eggs etc) - £5

ReputationRep:
    If I am going on Sainsbury's basics I think my record low was £12 a week.
    If I am living comfortably, eating enjoyable meals and having some sneaky maltaesers then double that.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.