Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At university, how much will you be spending on your phone contract? What do you think is an appropriate amount?

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on how much you use your phone, my dad is kind enough to pay my phone contract for me so I don't really need to worry about it for now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to see if I can finance an iPhone x] and I don't think my parents will be kind enough to fund it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexActually)
    I'm trying to see if I can finance an iPhone x] and I don't think my parents will be kind enough to fund it...

KEEP ANNON OR DELETE

GET AN IPHONE AND BUMP IT,
    ##DONT PAY BILLL**

PUT IT IN UR PARENTS ADDRESS THAT WILL TEACH THE BASSSTTERDS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    KEEP ANNON OR DELETE

GET AN IPHONE AND BUMP IT,
    ##DONT PAY BILLL**

PUT IT IN UR PARENTS ADDRESS THAT WILL TEACH THE BASSSTTERDS
    Do not do this.

Obviously.

I pay £25 pm but likely to go up to £35 as I would like to get an iPhone (I got a £260 settlement on phone insurance from my old phone breaking so that's why! £100 for the iPhone and the rest to cover the £10pm increase on my bill. Perfect)

ReputationRep:
    £20 myself, 500 mins and unlimited texts is more than enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting one of the rolling contracts from Vodafone. 300 minutes and unlimited texts for 15quid I think. Last year i was PAYG and spent a fiver a week at least.

ReputationRep:
    20-25 pounds is adequate. You can still get some pretty decent phones for this.

At the minute I have a phone I bought out-right two years ago and am on a 20 pounds sim only contract on orange. I would keep the phone longer if I could, but the battery now lasts less than a day.

I'm debating between buying a new phone and staying on this contract, or moving to a pay monthly phone. Dialaphone do some good deals, but I'd be looking at any phone on 20 pound a month or lower contract, plus 6 pounds a month insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.