Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At university, how much will you be spending on your phone contract? What do you think is an appropriate amount?

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on how much you use your phone, my dad is kind enough to pay my phone contract for me so I don't really need to worry about it for now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to see if I can finance an iPhone x] and I don't think my parents will be kind enough to fund it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexActually)
    I'm trying to see if I can finance an iPhone x] and I don't think my parents will be kind enough to fund it...

KEEP ANNON OR DELETE

GET AN IPHONE AND BUMP IT,
    ##DONT PAY BILLL**

PUT IT IN UR PARENTS ADDRESS THAT WILL TEACH THE BASSSTTERDS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    KEEP ANNON OR DELETE

GET AN IPHONE AND BUMP IT,
    ##DONT PAY BILLL**

PUT IT IN UR PARENTS ADDRESS THAT WILL TEACH THE BASSSTTERDS
    Do not do this.

Obviously.

I pay £25 pm but likely to go up to £35 as I would like to get an iPhone (I got a £260 settlement on phone insurance from my old phone breaking so that's why! £100 for the iPhone and the rest to cover the £10pm increase on my bill. Perfect)

ReputationRep:
    £20 myself, 500 mins and unlimited texts is more than enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting one of the rolling contracts from Vodafone. 300 minutes and unlimited texts for 15quid I think. Last year i was PAYG and spent a fiver a week at least.

ReputationRep:
    20-25 pounds is adequate. You can still get some pretty decent phones for this.

At the minute I have a phone I bought out-right two years ago and am on a 20 pounds sim only contract on orange. I would keep the phone longer if I could, but the battery now lasts less than a day.

I'm debating between buying a new phone and staying on this contract, or moving to a pay monthly phone. Dialaphone do some good deals, but I'd be looking at any phone on 20 pound a month or lower contract, plus 6 pounds a month insurance.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.