Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, im just getting a little paranoid, ive been with my gf for 5 months now and its all gone quite smoothly, but i was tihnking we usually see each other around twice a week, 3 times a week would be a good week. do you think thats enough to keep the relationship serious?

How many times on average do you see your partner?

sounds about the same amount of time i see my gf. aslong as you spend the time together and make good use of it, i dont see the problem. For us, it allows us both to have our own friends and the such

ReputationRep:
    Once a week wud be about rite 4 me and mine (not like i own her) lmao =P
    well as long as your both happy with it then yeah! if she wants to see more of you and you wanna see less of her that wen you have a problem! lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMck)
    well as long as your both happy with it then yeah! if she wants to see more of you and you wanna see less of her that wen you have a problem! lmao!
    haha not the case YET lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMck)
    how long you been with yours mate?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's definitely when you want to see less of your partner that's the problem. Your girlfriend is probably happy the way things are, or wants to see you more

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes its not easy to see more, but as someone said, aslong as you enjoy and spend time you do have properly, the relationship can still be strong. And also on the other hand, if you see your partner too much only 5 months in, it might ruin the relationship. Time apart can make the time together all more fun and special.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is usually really busy on weekdays, so I see him on a thursday and then at wkend. Friday nights are usually spent with mutual friends. Its hard to say what works for everyone, depends on the couple. I don't think its the amount of time that you spend with each other that keeps it serious, its the feelings involved. Although having saying that if you don't spice things up now and then it fizzles out. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Everyday :3

ReputationRep:
    I would kill to see my boyfriend once a week, never mind 3 times :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I saw mine twice a week before I went home for the summer - would have liked to see more of him, but these things are sometimes not possible (would've killed each other if we saw each other everyday)

Missing him terribly, we don't talk much because we have such different schedules now, it sucks :'(

ReputationRep:
    Once a week, twice a week if it's a good week. I wish it was always around two or three but oh well =[

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, like ive only seen her once this week. Bah. we've kinda been busy it seems, so trying to make time is the key thing. I also have an issue with making a decision which could split us up, even though i dont want this to happen, it may, because of uni ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cocoa)
    I saw mine twice a week before I went home for the summer - would have liked to see more of him, but these things are sometimes not possible (would've killed each other if we saw each other everyday)

Missing him terribly, we don't talk much because we have such different schedules now, it sucks :'(
    yeah i see mine twice a week usually also. It seems to be the norm for most which is good to know

ReputationRep:
    I live with mine, but we have our own interests and stuff to worry about, so we're not joined at the hip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_Cricket)
    how long you been with yours mate?
    11 months soon a year yeah! but i had a dig at her earlier for seeing her just once a week lol :s
    So i am not one for giving advice! lol

ReputationRep:
    Um well we're not official or anything but we've hung out 3 days in a row. Would be more if it was up to him haha.

On average, we usually hang out 2 maybe 3 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    I used to see my bf everyday before summer hol. We lived in different flats but would stay at either mine or his at night. Im not sure if this is strange as most ppl here seem to see their partner less compared to mine. :eek:

BTW We've been together for about a year and a half now. Living together in Spetember

ReputationRep:
    We usually meet twice a week, but its been more once recently, but when we do meet, its like 6/7 hrs.

ReputationRep:
    I really need help on what to do when i go to uni though , i cant imagine us splitting up any time soon, and its been getting better. Going to uni may ruin it all? ,

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.