Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know most places say that they come with a telephone, but do you have to pay to use this? Is there a maximum usage policy? What about for the internet, can you only download a certain amount a day? Thanks in advance =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexActually)
    I know most places say that they come with a telephone, but do you have to pay to use this? Is there a maximum usage policy? What about for the internet, can you only download a certain amount a day? Thanks in advance =]
    i'm almost sure that the internet usage has no limit.
    i don't know anything about the phones though

ReputationRep:
    The internet thing has no limit (assuming you mean halls). But not everywhere has a phone and it costs money if you do. Also no one really uses them. Skype ftw :nod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexActually)
    I used 40+ gig a month at times so no usage policy, but they cut you off for anything illegal (p2p/torrents, tv streaming is fine)

You put money on the line in advance and so yes you have to pay for the phone; calling other peoples rooms within uni is free though.

ReputationRep:
    You have a phone in your room?

I thought of buying a laptop for uni. However, the internet is a big sink of my time and I think without it I would be able to work better.

P.S. I was wondering can you look up you know on the internet or do you get in trouble. Although, with no laptop it would be impossible to you know.
    P.P.S. Which would be a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Where I lived, the phone in your room, people could phone in, but you couldn't phone out. I think you could phone other people in your building but I am not sure never used it.

ReputationRep:
    It is free to call anyone on their university phone from the one in your room, but making external calls will be charged.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.