Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: what's your ideal clothes size? watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm an 8, want to be a 6. Alas i fear i'm heading the opposite way

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 8/10, and am quite happy with my clothes size. If I could become more muscular and less wobbly, but stay the same size, I'd be pretty happy. In the end though, I don't care what size I am in clothes, it's how I look and feel OUT of my clothes that I care more about!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 16-18 but I'm in proportion so I don't look like a heifer xD
    I'm 5"8 so I'm a bit on the tall side

I'd like to be a 14 though. Ah well xD I lack motivation to get down to that size anyway

ReputationRep:
    It depends on you're height! If you're 6ft and a size 6 you would just look ill! I'm 5ft 4 and a size 8 which is probably about right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'8 with a light frame. My current jeans size (high waisted, EU) is 27/32, so I think that translates to a size 6? I do feel blessed with my metabolism as I can't put on weight. To be fair I really don't know what it's like to aspire to be a certain size. The scale always reads the same. But for some it really seems to be a daily struggle...

ReputationRep:
    6. I'm currently a 6-8 anyway, I just need a bit of trimming (healthy, I might add).
    No I don't think this is the perfect woman size, some people would look too thin, but it's the size I look best at. I've got a really small build, even though I'm not that small in height (5'6). I'm also a bit athletic and when I'm physically fit my build naturally goes towards size 6, so I'd like to get fit again and be a size 6, and be able to do the things I like to do like row and cycle better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a 6, I want to be an 8. I can't seem to make myself eat though :dry: I'm 5'7.

ReputationRep:
    size 8 which I mostly am sometimes a 10 though. I really want to lose about a stone because i'm about 5"1 and too heavy I think for my height. I wouldn't mind if that meant I went to a size 6 but I wouldn't want to be any smaller. I'm usually the same on top and bottom because I have narrow hips but big thighs and an average sized bum but because of the big thighs I'm sometimes 10. I have narrow shoulders too hmm so yeh I look flabby haahha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleRed)
    I'm 5ft, and my boyfriend is 6ft 2! sorry!! I do love my boyfriend though, so keepsies i'm afraid :redface:
    :rofl: I'm OK at the moment, as I've got a gorgeous 6ft 4 man in my life, and as long as that remains the case!

It would be different if people didn't mock couples where the woman is taller. When I was 16, I went on a date with a guy who was 6ft (so only 2" taller than me), yet people found it most amusing. Things like that make guys not want to date women who are taller.

Hopefully though, with more celebrity couples cropping up where the woman is taller (Sophie Dahl & Jamie Cullum, TomKat, Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban), it might become less of a 'social taboo'.

ReputationRep:
    Would like to be a size 6, but I'm an 8 at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be a 12 again. Although when I was a 10/12 I still felt really fat and wanted to lose lots more... But now I'm a 16 I'd quite happily be a 12!!

ReputationRep:
    6/8 :dontknow:

i'm quite petite though and a size 8 at the moment :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, i'm 5'8 and i'm a size 8 here but sometimes a 6 in the UK. Really though, clothes sizes differ so much between shops that there isn't really a good size

But yeah, I'm ok with an 8 though im losing muscle from quitting a couple sports and that is not working for me. Haha..but I'll fix that =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    I'm at it, I'm a 12, which as I'm 6ft 2 is perfect for me.

Any smaller and I'd look ill.
    OMG how'd you get so talll ??? I'm 5'3 and it's annoying. Clothes size 8/10 and I look ok, just my thighs are chunky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackey)
    I'm 5'8 with a light frame. My current jeans size (high waisted, EU) is 27/32, so I think that translates to a size 6? I do feel blessed with my metabolism as I can't put on weight. To be fair I really don't know what it's like to aspire to be a certain size. The scale always reads the same. But for some it really seems to be a daily struggle...

I think those are my measurements too..my waist is 26 or 27, and I normally wear a 32 in sizes here, but I dunno if its a 6 or 8 in the UK..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    OMG how'd you get so talll ??? I'm 5'3 and it's annoying. Clothes size 8/10 and I look ok, just my thighs are chunky
    My parents grew me in one of those grow-bag things, you know, like you can grow tomatoes in! :p:

Seriously though, just genetics I guess, because both of my grandfathers were tall (one 6ft 4 the other 6ft 5).

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 12, size 10 would do me perfect but I'm quite happy with how I am.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be a 12 all over.
    I mean I can get into the occasional size 12 top or dress. But my hips are like WHOAH, size 16. But I'm still a perfect hourglass (Y)
    I don't think my frame would be let me be any smaller than a 12.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be a 10, like I am now, but just more toned.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to get down to be an 8/10 from a 12/14. I don't hold much fat on my upper body at all and have curvy hips so I think I'm always destined to be not completely proportioned!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.