Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does one go about becoming a freemason? Watch

ReputationRep:
    We had a supply teacher at school who was a freemason. Not a single thing was learnt in his lessons because everyone was too busy trying to convince him to let us shake his hand.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply at your local lodge. You'll sit through an interview. Google to find where it is.

ReputationRep:
    all the details are included at the end of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Anyone here a freemason doing freemason-y things? Can you tell me? Tee hee. Societies are funny.
    As far as i know, the only way to be one is for them to invite you.

ReputationRep:
    you need to be invited by a existing members, you can't just join.

would be damn useful to be one, for the contacts.

ReputationRep:
    what do the talk about ??. i go aganst the catholic chuch if you are a member of the freemasons

ReputationRep:
    try this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdP2Cf_knA

ReputationRep:
    i got thrown out. it was boring anyway

ReputationRep:
    you make a request on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Bunch of oversized infants full of their own self-importance holding secret meetings to give their cronies a leg-up at the expense of others. What's the attraction?
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)

Bunch of oversized infants full of their own self-importance holding secret meetings to give their cronies a leg-up at the expense of others. What's the attraction?
    This exactly.

And omg, another Celtic fan :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    This exactly.

And omg, another Celtic fan :woo:
    Hail Hail

Btw, and the two peeps that neg repped me, you not only don't have a braincell between you, you don't have a rep point either :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    My uncles a freemason, :P so was my grandad, (he was a master mason), tbh i'd just join for the contacts you can gain from being a freemason, seeing as it opens many doors (that's what my uncle told me) although I probably would fail to attend most of the meetings, and would get let go lol it reminds me of that stonecutters Simpsons episode, especially seeing as my uncle uses a secret handshake to get in and show that he's a genuine member.

Alex

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered about this

ReputationRep:
    I once played in a jazz band at an event at a freemasons temple. It was weird. I dont know how to join though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    I once played in a jazz band at an event at a freemasons temple. It was weird. I dont know how to join though.
    What was the 'temple' thing like?

ReputationRep:
    learn the freemason handshake, then go around shaking people's hands until you find a freemason, who then invites you to their lodge. Then reveal you're only a wannabe mason and ask to be let in. It might work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.