Turn on thread page Beta

How does one go about becoming a freemason? watch

ReputationRep:
    We had a supply teacher at school who was a freemason. Not a single thing was learnt in his lessons because everyone was too busy trying to convince him to let us shake his hand.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply at your local lodge. You'll sit through an interview. Google to find where it is.

ReputationRep:
    all the details are included at the end of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Anyone here a freemason doing freemason-y things? Can you tell me? Tee hee. Societies are funny.
    As far as i know, the only way to be one is for them to invite you.

ReputationRep:
    you need to be invited by a existing members, you can't just join.

would be damn useful to be one, for the contacts.

ReputationRep:
    what do the talk about ??. i go aganst the catholic chuch if you are a member of the freemasons

ReputationRep:
    try this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdP2Cf_knA

ReputationRep:
    i got thrown out. it was boring anyway

ReputationRep:
    you make a request on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Bunch of oversized infants full of their own self-importance holding secret meetings to give their cronies a leg-up at the expense of others. What's the attraction?
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)

Bunch of oversized infants full of their own self-importance holding secret meetings to give their cronies a leg-up at the expense of others. What's the attraction?
    This exactly.

And omg, another Celtic fan :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    This exactly.

And omg, another Celtic fan :woo:
    Hail Hail

Btw, and the two peeps that neg repped me, you not only don't have a braincell between you, you don't have a rep point either :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    My uncles a freemason, :P so was my grandad, (he was a master mason), tbh i'd just join for the contacts you can gain from being a freemason, seeing as it opens many doors (that's what my uncle told me) although I probably would fail to attend most of the meetings, and would get let go lol it reminds me of that stonecutters Simpsons episode, especially seeing as my uncle uses a secret handshake to get in and show that he's a genuine member.

Alex

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered about this

ReputationRep:
    I once played in a jazz band at an event at a freemasons temple. It was weird. I dont know how to join though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    I once played in a jazz band at an event at a freemasons temple. It was weird. I dont know how to join though.
    What was the 'temple' thing like?

ReputationRep:
    learn the freemason handshake, then go around shaking people's hands until you find a freemason, who then invites you to their lodge. Then reveal you're only a wannabe mason and ask to be let in. It might work.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.