Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking and hearing alot about the topic of A level's VS btec so here's a scenario

Would you rather have

A level grades CCC(your favourite choice of subjects)

Or

BTEC national diploma grades DDD(Worst subject choice in your eyes) and BTEC national award grade D (favourite choice of subjects)

Oh and also give the subject choices please.

I personally would go for A levels in my best subjects (English, Art and health and social care)
    Rather than the BTEC national diploma in my worst subject (Sport science) and Award (Art)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenchu kurenai)
    I've been looking and hearing alot about the topic of A level's VS btec so here's a scenario

Would you rather have

A level grades CCC(your favourite choice of subjects)

Or

BTEC national diploma grades DDD(Worst subject choice in your eyes) and BTEC national award grade D (favourite choice of subjects)

Oh and also give the subject choices please.

I personally would go for A levels in my best subjects (English, Art and health and social care)
    Rather than the BTEC national diploma in my worst subject (Sport science) and Award (Art)
    A-levels since BTEC is vocational and I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    A-levels since BTEC is vocational and I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.
    I don't understand what you mean by, 'I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.' Does the BTEC not offer the subject you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I don't understand what you mean by, 'I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.' Does the BTEC not offer the subject you want to study?
    It does, but the OP's scenario was based on doing a subject you didn't like in a BTEC vs A-levels that you would like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    It does, but the OP's scenario was based on doing a subject you didn't like in a BTEC vs A-levels that you would like.
    Ahh I see. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    If the BTEC was in a subject that could get me into what I want to do, then I wouldn't care because the equivelent of As would be a good thing compared to Cs.

If it was something like Health and Social Care then no, not at all because there wouldn't even be a possibility to get me into where I'd want to be.

ReputationRep:
    In that Scenario, BTEC.

ReputationRep:
    A levels lol

ReputationRep:
    No, cos neither choice would get me into the course I want to study. The NA wouldn't be enough experience on its own and the CCC A-Levels wouldn't give me the points or experience

ReputationRep:
    A-levels= more opportunities and universities look upon this highly.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.