The Student Room Group

What qualification scenario would you rather be in?

I've been looking and hearing alot about the topic of A level's VS btec so here's a scenario

Would you rather have

A level grades CCC(your favourite choice of subjects)

Or

BTEC national diploma grades DDD(Worst subject choice in your eyes) and BTEC national award grade D (favourite choice of subjects)

Oh and also give the subject choices please.

I personally would go for A levels in my best subjects (English, Art and health and social care)
Rather than the BTEC national diploma in my worst subject (Sport science) and Award (Art)
Reply 1
tenchu kurenai
I've been looking and hearing alot about the topic of A level's VS btec so here's a scenario

Would you rather have

A level grades CCC(your favourite choice of subjects)

Or

BTEC national diploma grades DDD(Worst subject choice in your eyes) and BTEC national award grade D (favourite choice of subjects)

Oh and also give the subject choices please.

I personally would go for A levels in my best subjects (English, Art and health and social care)
Rather than the BTEC national diploma in my worst subject (Sport science) and Award (Art)

A-levels since BTEC is vocational and I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.
IGX_RSV2
A-levels since BTEC is vocational and I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.

I don't understand what you mean by, 'I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.' Does the BTEC not offer the subject you want to study? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
addylad
I don't understand what you mean by, 'I can't see myself in a career that I don't like.' Does the BTEC not offer the subject you want to study? :s-smilie:

It does, but the OP's scenario was based on doing a subject you didn't like in a BTEC vs A-levels that you would like.
IGX_RSV2
It does, but the OP's scenario was based on doing a subject you didn't like in a BTEC vs A-levels that you would like.

Ahh I see. :facepalm:
Reply 5
If the BTEC was in a subject that could get me into what I want to do, then I wouldn't care because the equivelent of As would be a good thing compared to Cs.

If it was something like Health and Social Care then no, not at all because there wouldn't even be a possibility to get me into where I'd want to be.
Reply 6
In that Scenario, BTEC.
Reply 7
A levels lol
Reply 8
No, cos neither choice would get me into the course I want to study. The NA wouldn't be enough experience on its own and the CCC A-Levels wouldn't give me the points or experience
Reply 9
A-levels= more opportunities and universities look upon this highly.