Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can I get a BSC in mental health nursing and then can I (if I wanted) do another BSC in child nursing?

If I can, would it also be funded by the NHS?

thanks

According to http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/827.aspx :

NHS Bursaries are not intended for:
    Registered first level nurses seeking a second registration in nursing;
    So I'm guessing not? But I may be getting the wrong end of the stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Blood*And*Chocolate*)
    can I get a BSC in mental health nursing and then can I (if I wanted) do another BSC in child nursing?

thanks
    You can do a BSc in mental health nursing, then do a duel qualification in childrens nursing, which is 18 months long and equivilent to the two branch specfic years of the BSc. In regards to funding-it is wholey dependent on the trust.

hope this helps xx

ReputationRep:

thanks
    yeh you could do, but why go into mental health now if you are planning to child nursing? i'm not critiscising, i'm just curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herbal bug)
    You can do a BSc in mental health nursing, then do a duel qualification in childrens nursing, which is 18 months long and equivilent to the two branch specfic years of the BSc. In regards to funding-it is wholey dependent on the trust.

hope this helps xx
    just wondering, what qualification will you end up with at the end of your course? because at my uni there's a lot of debate over whether mental health should be BA or BSc, and I'm getting a BA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    just wondering, what qualification will you end up with at the end of your course? because at my uni there's a lot of debate over whether mental health should be BA or BSc, and I'm getting a BA.
    Yeah it depends wholey on the university, if I had done nursing 2 years ago at Keele I would have got a BN but now I'm getting a BSc.

its a bit odd for a BA, but it depends on the content of the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    yeh you could do, but why go into mental health now if you are planning to child nursing? i'm not critiscising, i'm just curious!
    i'm not particularly planning to, it's just so I know what my options are down the line after say 15 years of mental health nursing and I wanted to try something new

ReputationRep:

hope this helps xx
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I know this may sound silly, and I feel really embarassed but I don't know what you mean :o:
    is there any way you could re-phrase at all?

Sorry about this!

If the NHS woudn't fund me I don't suppose you know how much the tuition fee per year would be? I.e. would it be more than standard subjects?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I know this may sound silly, and I feel really embarassed but I don't know what you mean :o:
    is there any way you could re-phrase at all?

Sorry about this!

If the NHS woudn't fund me I don't suppose you know how much the tuition fee per year would be? I.e. would it be more than standard subjects?

thanks
    The NHS should fund you, else you could apply for a student loan. Juct cant imagine them funding alot of people atm because of cost cuts etc.

and any university can give you a BN, BSc and BA interms of degree. it is entirely up to them.

does that help? xx

ReputationRep:
    The NHS should fund you, else you could apply for a student loan. Juct cant imagine them funding alot of people atm because of cost cuts etc.

and any university can give you a BN, BSc and BA interms of degree. it is entirely up to them.

does that help? xx
    Yes it answers my other questions but i'm confused about this combined mental health and children's nursing, I haven't seen it offered on a university website and i'm not sure what you mean by that

ReputationRep:
    Yes it answers my other questions but i'm confused about this combined mental health and children's nursing, I haven't seen it offered on a university website and i'm not sure what you mean by that
    I think what herbal bug means is that you do a nursing degree for three years. And then at a later point if you then want to train in a different nursing branch (e.g. children) then you do a shortened course, which can take anything from a year to 2 years depending on the university. and then you will be 'dual qualified' i.e. qualified in 2 different nursing branches.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it depends wholey on the university, if I had done nursing 2 years ago at Keele I would have got a BN but now I'm getting a BSc.

its a bit odd for a BA, but it depends on the content of the course.
    i think the theory behind it is that mental health is less science-based than the other nursing degrees. so adult nursing get BSc and we get BA which i guess makes sense!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 12, 2009

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.