Turn on thread page Beta

Origin of your username? watch

ReputationRep:
    Simple for me - back when I was younger I was a big gamer and read Nintendo Official Magazine - where they referred to "Mario" as "Mazza". On a popular forum, "Mazza" on its own was taken so I added some random numbers to the end. Then on other forums I wanted to keep the same identity, so kept the same moniker throughout t' web.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you three guesses :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My first ever email was from a hotmail suggestion back in 2002/03

ReputationRep:
    Iron Mask Duval is a character in the anime/manga One Piece.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Duval

I wanted "Toots" (a family nickname), but it was taken, so I went with "Tootles," the closest thing that I can imagine. Tootles was one of the lost boys in "Peter Pan," and he had famously lost his marbles in "Hook."

ReputationRep:
    My name is Josephine, but I go by the nickname Posy, and when I was a little girl by dad used to call me 'pocketful of Posy' (obviously taken from the 'a pocketful of posies' line of Ring a ring o'roses).

When I was trying to think of a username for my first e-mail account, I was trying all the obvious ones like Rosy Posy etc, but they were all taken. Then I remembered the 'pocketful of Posy' thing, and knew that probably wouldn't be taken, and it wasn't. I've used it as my username on pretty much everything ever since!

ReputationRep:
    JackDaniels - The best whiskey

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I just wanted something really original and imaginative.

x

ReputationRep:
    Translated my real name into elvish when LOTR was all cool. Used that for a bit. Shortened it to make it less gay.

ReputationRep:
    It's my name.. :awesome:

I'm unhealthily obsessed with politics, and my orientiation veers to the left. And my birthsign is leo. So my name alliterates. And it's easy to shorten it to LL :unsure:

I don't know, i didn't really think it through.

Some people think it's because i'm left handed. It isn't :p:

(Original post by Democracy)
    I'll give you three guesses
    You think Democracy is a bad thing and want to see a religious autocracy rule Iran? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its my name, im so amazingly original!

ReputationRep:
    I want to be raped.

It's actually my favourite Nirvana song. :ninja:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.