Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should i buy GHD's or another brand? watch

ReputationRep:
    have you ever looked into Philips Tresemme ones? Mine were RRP £80 but got them for £40 as they had an offer on leaading up to last xmas. they've lasted brilliantly, i have naturally fairly straight hair but without straightening it just looks messy and ratty all the time... it takes me no longer than 5 minutes to straighten my hair quickly, or 10 minutes if i'm doing a proper job of it! lasts all day!

they really are brilliant, probably not quite GHDs but I'd say there's certainly not more than £40 worth of difference between them

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I have the most unmanagable hair the world has seen. GHD's were god-sent for me!! I wouldn't go back to anything else.
    The new ones are incredible!!!

Although be careful with ebay.. they have a lot of fakes which could actually be dangerous... only buy if you're 100% certain they're genuine, or spend a bit extra for new ones from a trusted website.

Also some dodgy websites could be selling fakes.

edit: for example -> how dodgy does this look??
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GHD-Mk4-Styler...item2303cdc630

Edit again: just realised how old this thread is... why has it been bumped up????

ReputationRep:
    I have really thick hair so I use GHDs.
    I tried a few cheaper ones but none of them properly did the job so I bought a pair of GHDs which do the job lovely
    I only spray a small amount of Tony and Guy stuff on my hair before straightening and my hair is fineee.
    Just a note though be careful buying GHDs off websites and stuff cause there are people selling fakes if I was you I'd just buy them from a hairdressers or the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxNicoxx)
    I have really thick hair so I use GHDs.
    I tried a few cheaper ones but none of them properly did the job so I bought a pair of GHDs which do the job lovely
    I only spray a small amount of Tony and Guy stuff on my hair before straightening and my hair is fineee.
    Just a note though be careful buying GHDs off websites and stuff cause there are people selling fakes if I was you I'd just buy them from a hairdressers or the site.

thanks for the advice but i already bought some ghd for £90. they are amazing! ive had them a couple of month now and were sooo worth the money!

ive checked mine and they are genuine i have checked the hologram on them on ghd website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    thanks for the advice but i already bought some ghd for £90. they are amazing! ive had them a couple of month now and were sooo worth the money!

ive checked mine and they are genuine i have checked the hologram on them on ghd website
    Haha I didnt realise this was an old thread until i read the post before mine :p:
    Did you get black ones or coloured ones. I bought normal black ones then a week later they bought out purple ones GUTTED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxNicoxx)
    Haha I didnt realise this was an old thread until i read the post before mine :p:
    Did you get black ones or coloured ones. I bought normal black ones then a week later they bought out purple ones GUTTED

thats ok. i bought the normal black ones. i didnt want coloured ones just normal ones. thats annoying u did that. its always the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    i need new hair straightners as my old ones have died. i have wavy hair and i want a hair straightner that will keep my hair straight all day. however, i want one that will not damage my hair too much. i live in the UK too. my budget is anything under £150. thanks. what should i buy? im stuck...
    Definitely get them! I own a pair of GHD'S IV Stylers (Limited Edition) but they are fab! I have used a lot of brands over the past years and none of them have been as good as GHD'S ,my hair is very very thick (I am black so have afro hair) and they make my hair so silky and straight!

So what, their a bit expensive, but they're definitely worth it! I'd rather buy very effective straighteners that will last me about a lot of years than to keep buying different and useless brands that are nothing good to my hair!!

And if it works brilliantly on my hair (and I'm guessing your hair is less thicker than mine, correct me if I'm wrong) then it must work wonders on your hair!!!

Don't listen to the people saying they are rubbish, seriously they do not know what they are talking about. They probably can't afford it or haven't used it before because it is perfectly amazing.

Just don't use them everyday, they may damage your hair because they have a lot of heat, but if you use a straightening hair heat protector spray or cream then you should be fine!

Good Luck!! X

ReputationRep:
    I have some Babyliss ones that cost me just under £40 and they are EXCELLENT!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.