lump behind my ear Watch

rebeccaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hey i know you are not doctors but i got hit yesterday by my sister and now the bone (or whatever) behind my ear has gone big and it hurt to turn my head. This "bone" (hopefully everyone has it as I have it on my other side but I dont know how to describe it) well it has swelled before, I think when I had a cold or something.
I have taken ibuprofen which helped the pain but I am worried.
thanks xxx
forever_dreamer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're worried definitely get it checked out - it might just be nothing but at least your mind will be at ease.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where exactly?
piglet29
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have no idea if this is right, so don't take my word for it, but you say it has swelled when you have had a cold which could mean it is a gland and not a bone that has swollen. I have had swollen glands on the back of my head when I've had a cold before and, in your case, maybe the gland has swollen from where your sister hit you? Again, I'm not completely sure, but it could be
doivid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I found a bump on the back of my head (just behind my ear) and since my dad's a GP I asked him about it. He said it was just a lymph node - not sure about yours though, especially if it feels like a bone.
Llynus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like a lymph node, it usually means you have some sort of infection (don't worry it can be something REALLY minor that causes it). They usually dissappear after a month, but if you're worried go see a doctor.
VanillaCat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm, I've got one too at the moment. I think it's just lymph node/heat rash.
Ben77mc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm sure that this was posted a few weeks ago
rebeccaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi.... yeah the same sort of question was posted and I Googled what the person said it was - but it seemed not to be very medical - all dubious looking websites and one had a virus.
Went to Doctor, said it was a swollen gland, take paractlemoal and ibuprofen....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (40)
28.17%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.15%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads