Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of T.I.? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think of T.I.?
    Yes, i like him.
    35.14%
    He is hot.
    21.62%
    Mofo please, he isn't allllll that.
    18.92%
    I don't give a crap, really.
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    I don't like :no:

ReputationRep:
    He's *****, and so is Lupe, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy and the rest of those bubble gum rappers.

Why can't people just try and sound like the greats: 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Nas, Scarface, Rakim, Big Pun, AZ, Raekwon, Red Man, Method Man, Big Daddy Kane oh the list is endless.

ReputationRep:
    he's alright...

ReputationRep:
    I used to really like him but i don't care anymore.
    He just doesn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    i <3 T.I!!!! I mean, c'mon, his songs are fab! those great days of big **** poppin and what you know about that! These days of whatever you like and Dead and gone! T.I., u are the king right now in ur cell :P

ReputationRep:
    The Paper Trail album got me thru my second year at uni, which was a very lonely year. Much of the time I was sat in my room, getting drunk on my own with JD & Coke, with a bag of Thai Sweet Chili Sensations.

Live Your Life
    Whatever You Like
    Slide Show
    Dead And Gone
    My Life, Your Entertainment

The whole album is amazing. However, I've never heard any of his other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Probably my favourite rapper. I rate him highly. Paper Trails was just too good to be true.

ReputationRep:
    He is the most cutest, sexiest guy on earth... i would have his babies anyday !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayze59)
    He's *****, and so is Lupe, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy and the rest of those bubble gum rappers.

Why can't people just try and sound like the greats: 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Nas, Scarface, Rakim, Big Pun, AZ, Raekwon, Red Man, Method Man, Big Daddy Kane oh the list is endless.
    Fool, Lupe is awesome, Nas and Jay Z have said that he has invigorated hip hop. Lupe uses Nas' album It Was Written as inspiration, which can be seen in the guy's aptititude for storytelling.

ReputationRep:
    I think he should form a band along with Neyo, Chris Brown, Keri Hilson, Timbaland, Ciara, Rihanna and Justin Timberlake. (Feel free to add more members to the band of shameful collaborations and repetitive singles)

They should play a massive set which then catches fire and they should all burn to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    Fool, Lupe is awesome, Nas and Jay Z have said that he has invigorated hip hop. Lupe uses Nas' album It Was Written as inspiration, which can be seen in the guy's aptititude for storytelling.
    He's ******** kid, he's not real at all, something he raps about keeps me listening past the 5 second mark, he's not a future Nas, 2Pac or Big L.

Jay-Z's a pile of ***** too, quite possibly worse than Lupe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I think he should form a band along with Neyo, Chris Brown, Keri Hilson, Timbaland, Ciara, Rihanna and Justin Timberlake. (Feel free to add more members to the band of shameful collaborations and repetitive singles)

They should play a massive set which then catches fire and they should all burn to death.
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    his flow in dead and gone is sick. anyways i like him, plus he's FINE and really nice in person as well

ReputationRep:
    I had to go with hot although i would have liked the option of hotter than hot

ReputationRep:
    Why is he in jail for?

ReputationRep:
    illegal possession of guns? I don't know.....

ReputationRep:
    I hate him tbh. There is just something really annoying about him. Plus his music is crap!

ReputationRep:
    He's funny.
    I like his music.
    He's one of my favourite rappers ever.

And yet, I still don't think he's THAT amazing. Go fgure.

South Park, if real, got his personality exactly right in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Mh8yE1GAQ

ReputationRep:
    He's hot.

A bit of a typical "gangsta" though, although he's tolerable, more so than "Fiddy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayze59)
    He's ******** kid, he's not real at all, something he raps about keeps me listening past the 5 second mark, he's not a future Nas, 2Pac or Big L.

Jay-Z's a pile of ***** too, quite possibly worse than Lupe.
    Oh my god, talk about being stuck in the past, you obviously have no idea about the new hip hop movement and where its going. Just because he doesn't rap about money, the hood and all that violence doesn't mean he isn't a good rapper. His subject matter deals with everything from child soldiers in Africa to children who have lost their fathers to the drug trade, but that is obviously going straight over your head. Just because you don't understand the symbolism and metaphors in his lyrics doesn't mean he isn't a real rapper.

"One of them young nig***s, Lupe Fiasco, I'll listen to anything he do. That nig**r really cool as a mo***rfu***r.'- NaS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.