Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of T.I.? watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think of T.I.?
    Yes, i like him.
    35.14%
    He is hot.
    21.62%
    Mofo please, he isn't allllll that.
    18.92%
    I don't give a crap, really.
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    Oh my god, talk about being stuck in the past, you obviously have no idea about the new hip hop movement and where its going. Just because he doesn't rap about money, the hood and all that violence doesn't mean he isn't a good rapper. His subject matter deals with everything from child soldiers in Africa to children who have lost their fathers to the drug trade, but that is obviously going straight over your head. Just because you don't understand the symbolism and metaphors in his lyrics doesn't mean he isn't a real rapper.

"One of them young nig***s, Lupe Fiasco, I'll listen to anything he do. That nig**r really cool as a mo***rfu***r.'- NaS
    "New hip hop movement" killed hip hop.

Nas said ni66a not ni66er.

Furthermore I didn't say rap has to be violence, hood, money etc, but Jay-Z and Lupe both blow.

You've got no idea what you're talking about bud, you're talking to a veteran here who lived through all of it, and has lived through this "new hip hop movement" and quite frankly it's complete crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayze59)
    He's *****, and so is Lupe, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy and the rest of those bubble gum rappers.

Why can't people just try and sound like the greats: 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Nas, Scarface, Rakim, Big Pun, AZ, Raekwon, Red Man, Method Man, Big Daddy Kane oh the list is endless.
    your a stinkin eejit for saying that. lupe is a lyrical don. he is an incredible lyricist and comes out with real intelligent ****. you need to get murked for your comment. just because he was born after 1980 doesn't mean he aint good. people like u need to open your minds nhow can you say hip hop is dead if you dont wanna listen to new artists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad m05)
    your a stinkin eejit for saying that. lupe is a lyrical don. he is an incredible lyricist and comes out with real intelligent ****. you need to get murked for your comment. just because he was born after 1980 doesn't mean he aint good. people like u need to open your minds nhow can you say hip hop is dead if you dont wanna listen to new artists?
    Init blud. You're a ******* tool.

Why don't I want to listen to new artists? I do listen to them for the 5 seconds their interesting. Hip hop is dead.

Delete thread.

ReputationRep:
    Init blud. You're a ******* tool.

Why don't I want to listen to new artists? I do listen to them for the 5 seconds their interesting. Hip hop is dead.

Delete thread.
    Just cos ur old dont mean u know what ur talkin about. if you want to be close minded then just don't bother giving your opinion on hip hop its not a scene you belong to anymore clearly. Your the real tool jumping on the "hip hop is dead" bandwagon because its cool to be cynical and different apparently. if people like you still call themselves hip hop heads then it really will die. imagine if people like u existed in the 90s when eastcoast was stagnant. even tho i was just young then i know that people didnt just dismiss new rappers as garbage and look for the older guys like big daddy kane, rakim and krs 1 to save them. they embraced new people liek nas, big and the wu who revitalised the scene and the result was imo the best period in hip hop history.

ReputationRep:
    "New hip hop movement" killed hip hop.

Nas said ni66a not ni66er.

Furthermore I didn't say rap has to be violence, hood, money etc, but Jay-Z and Lupe both blow.

You've got no idea what you're talking about bud, you're talking to a veteran here who lived through all of it, and has lived through this "new hip hop movement" and quite frankly it's complete crap.
    You seem to be extremely ignorant, how can a guy exploring themes as complex as immigration, rape and poverty blow. If rapping about that isn't real then what is?! It is also widely acknowledged that his delivery and wordplay make him a top lyricist.

Finally if I don't know what I'm talking about, then neither does Nas...that man has taste, a guy can't rap as well as he can and not be able to see that talent in others. Hip hop at the moment is awful but all the critics have agreed that he is a diamond amongst the dirt, he is often referred to as a Kanye-Nas hybrid...not bad going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad m05)
    Just cos ur old dont mean u know what ur talkin about. if you want to be close minded then just don't bother giving your opinion on hip hop its not a scene you belong to anymore clearly. Your the real tool jumping on the "hip hop is dead" bandwagon because its cool to be cynical and different apparently. if people like you still call themselves hip hop heads then it really will die. imagine if people like u existed in the 90s when eastcoast was stagnant. even tho i was just young then i know that people didnt just dismiss new rappers as garbage and look for the older guys like big daddy kane, rakim and krs 1 to save them. they embraced new people liek nas, big and the wu who revitalised the scene and the result was imo the best period in hip hop history.
    There's a clear difference between Nas, Biggie, Big L, Big Pun etc and fuds like Lupe and T.I.

I'm not jumping on the hip hop is dead bandwagon, I've always been on it, Lupe, T.I. and the rest of these bubble gum rappers aren't going to revive it, we need some sort of messiash and sadly these people are close to that.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.