Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard that Plymouth gets more rain then most parts of the UK, is this true? I went to the open day in June it was raining and one student said that it rains loads in Plymouth, is this true or just a myth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    Ive heard that Plymouth gets more rain then most parts of the UK, is this true? I went to the open day in June it was raining and one student said that it rains loads in Plymouth, is this true or just a myth?
    Rainfall is not even over the UK

See the map

http://www.hanby.co.uk/Rainfall%20Map.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yeah whenever I watch the weather it's usually that area that gets the rain, or milder weather.
    When i went for the open day it was a lovely sunny day though, so they can get some good weather.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think it rains more often, but when it does rain, it rains hard and its usually quite windy. In my experience anyway... But it was really nice a sunny from march onwards...

ReputationRep:
    well it cant be worse than wales !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    On my open day to Plymouth it was very sunny. But weather is unpredictable and being near the sea, it's bound to be more windy

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is a top student at plymouth i can tell you that during a full moon and in the hours between 6am to 8am, Plymouth has 24 times the lesser variant of a rain shower than Kenya and Mexico combined.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.