Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzled22)
    I don't agree with illegally downloading films, music and games.
    If you want to watch tv i think its alright because most are on things like iplayer anyway so just because your too late to watch it there doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it at all.
    I just don't think its fair to get things for free that other people have worked hard to make. The fact that its illegal doesn't bother me so much, its just that if people download it without paying then it may be considered a flop and then hard woking people could loose their jobs.
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, it just winds me up. If people want things so bad they should be willing to pay for it/ get some patience

tell that to 50 cent sat in his mansion. ok bad example because i have no problem paying for his stuff, but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_R)
    lol may i ask why?

they charge extortionate prices and its not like they are being affected at all by anyone illegally downloading, do you see madonna living on the street?

besides there's a credit crunch on don't you know??
    Madonna may not be living on the street, but the people who mixed her album maybe.
    Everyone forgets about the little people. The star earns most the money but if their album flops its not them who will face the chop

ReputationRep:
    i find it strange how you have your heart set against it, yet it affects you in no way whatsoever. unless you know someone in the music business then my apologies

ReputationRep:
    The stars make most of the money from gigs were they actually get a fair bit of the percentage of the profit, the album sales net them pretty much nothing.

Its the small time bands that lose out if there album gets hit on the internet, though sometimes it can be incredibly posotive which is why many bands release their songs for free download now, take wolfmother and muse for example.

ReputationRep:
    I know, im sad like this! I get my mind set on something and thats that. Tbh i just think how I'd feel if it was me, if I'd worked hard on something then a load of people stole it. The wwjd complex
    I'd of thought all you computer people would feel the same
    I feel like a nerd!

ReputationRep:
    suppose but id just hack their computer or something. using the skills i was taught to stop hackers lol
    its a dangerous game

ReputationRep:
    See, I like to think that stuff should be free, as long as Im paid, which I will be its not that bad, in the ned its actually the shops that are losing out really as they buy the stock from the people and then sell it on

the industry has their money the shop has their product lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzled22)
    I know, im sad like this! I get my mind set on something and thats that. Tbh i just think how I'd feel if it was me, if I'd worked hard on something then a load of people stole it. The wwjd complex
    I'd of thought all you computer people would feel the same
    I feel like a nerd!
    well, you are right though...

for me, i'd just download something and then if I like it i'll buy it.

Spotify obviously makes listening to music a lot easier for free now instead of Torrenting stuff - if I like something i'm listening to (i'm liking Within Temptation atm) then I will go and buy it as I feel they should get some money...

software's always gonna get cracked - I don't think theres much anyone can do about that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guilty of downloading stuff. Normally only TV shows though. If I want to see a movie I'll go the cinema to watch it and I only use my 360 to play games so I have to buy them obviously!

Oooh website pimping! Here's mine!

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen that before. Its yours?!?

ReputationRep:
    'tis indeed!

ReputationRep:
    who did your artwork matt?

ReputationRep:
    Whoever designed the site originally :p: My friend and one or two others originally owned it, then I took ownership of it early this year (February I believe). It's mainly just a Photoshop brush, the actual design is pretty simple (I'm a web dev. so I'm pretty decent at designing/coding anyway). I was actually thinking on re-designing it just last night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    Ive tried with blogs, i just couldnt get into them. I use Twitter like nothing though.
    i started a blog last month:

www.whereisvic.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Im going to staffs uni, staying in stafford, am i the only girl? lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne..**)
    Hi there, what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, quite a few others!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Nope, quite a few others!
    I am female too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl! athough im commuting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Whoever designed the site originally :p: My friend and one or two others originally owned it, then I took ownership of it early this year (February I believe). It's mainly just a Photoshop brush, the actual design is pretty simple (I'm a web dev. so I'm pretty decent at designing/coding anyway). I was actually thinking on re-designing it just last night!
    Yeah I know it's basic but it's really crisp and neat looking.

I did all of the artwork for mine but again it's all basic because well simple is stunning most often.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.