Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

mods; anon or delete please

Hi, I'm a girl and I have recently developed feelings for my guy friend. We've been close friends for a fair few months- really close friends and I love our friendship.
    But I think I like him a lot more than a friend, and I am lost as to how to tell him.
    I confided all of this in 2 people: my best female friend and a really good male friend, both of whom know this guy really well. They think I should tell him how I feel but I am really scared our friendship will be affected and things will be awkward if he turns me down.

I know for a fact (through 2 of his best friends) that he likes somebody and cant tell her but I don't know who that person is.

How do I tell him how I feel

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try and act more flirtatiously, "test the water" as people say. If he picks up and returns the flirt you're in (or you may be).

If he doesn't look interested, you know how he feels and you haven't risked the friendship.

Don't tell him out of the blue because it will shock him, especially if he is pursuing someone else.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Try and act more flirtatiously, "test the water" as people say. If he picks up and returns the flirt you're in (or you may be).

If he doesn't look interested, you know how he feels and you haven't risked the friendship.

Don't tell him out of the blue because it will shock him, especially if he is pursuing someone else.

problem is we already have a really flirty friendship- a joke marriage etc. i douubt he'd get the hint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    problem is we already have a really flirty friendship- a joke marriage etc. i douubt he'd get the hint
    There's always another level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    There's always another level.
    This.

Move on to something you don't do already, and wouldn't ordinarily do.

i know the exact feeling, i am goin through the same trouble. i got my friend to give a few hints that i liked him, but i got persuaded to just tell him how i feel, i did and i feel better for it but our relationship has gone no further than friends. if u tell him, u will get it off ur chest and at least he knows, what is the worst that could happen? mine was that he said no, which he did but we r still good mates

ReputationRep:
    If you can't find extra flirty things to do, there's the option of getting someone to question him, casually. Get a male friend of his to engage him in conversation about which girls he'd go out with, or something, then report back to you.

ReputationRep:
    Flirt, compliment and a lot of light touches, if he goes along with it then you should be ok, and from there it's all down hill, if I were you I'd tell him in a physically manor. Something along the lines of: tell him you need help with some school work, get him in your room or his room sit him down at a desk and ask him if he understands, and massage him as he's working it out and if he responded well to the flirt etc and responds to the massage kiss him on the neck, now this either goes two ways. One, having gone along with the flirting and the massage he'll kiss you or two, he'll flip the **** out and run away as fast as he can. In most cases mine have responded in a good way.

I highly advise you not to get a friend or someone to ask him out for you as it's very childish and you'll need to learn to be able to pull guys alone in future, but if it's the last or only option then do as you please.

I hope this helped.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.