Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you go into a black hole if you had the chance? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you go into a black hole?
    Definitely!
    18.75%
    No way!
    18.75%
    Maybe...
    18.75%
    If I was paid.
    0%
    If I was suicidal.
    43.75%

I would!

Would be so cool! Plus, I'd film my journey, which would make it the best documentary film ever - with exclusive commentary from im so academic.

Would you go into a black hole? Why/why not?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    You'd most likely be dead instantly...

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    if i was forced
    * the idea of being forced into a black hole is humorous *

ReputationRep:
    I would as long as I'd done everything else I had planned on doing in life.

ReputationRep:
    No, it would be crap. Crushed to an infinitesimal size in an infinitesimal amount of time...

The fourth dimension!

ReputationRep:
    While it's interesting to discuss what might be on the other end of black holes, I'm pretty sure that spaghettification is ever so slightly lethal.

Yes, spaghettification. Being stretched to an infinite length and infinitesimal thinness. Anorexia got nothin' on this.

(Original post by Son of Makuta)
    While it's interesting to discuss what might be on the other end of black holes, I'm pretty sure that spaghettification is ever so slightly lethal.

Yes, spaghettification. Being stretched to an infinite length and infinitesimal thinness. Anorexia got nothin' on this.
    Whoever came up with that is an idiot. How would they know? :rolleyes:

What about we all raise some money to send you to a black hole so you can live out your dreams?

ReputationRep:
    would i go in? think the question is will i ever come back out :

ReputationRep:
    No, because the experience of going into a black hole would be quite uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh was this supposed to be a pun?

:eek3: anyway no, it would be rather fatal according to theory (assuming you're talking about a cosmic black hole) so i wouldn't take the chance!! as far as the more obscene black hole, i would definitely use protection if i ever came upon that situation. :eek3: :woo: haha my mind's in the gutter!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I would.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really contemplated suicide unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I think about it, I'd probably die before I get to the black hole as I'm approaching it, so I wouldn't even have the opportunity to go in. Conditions are simply not good!! :coma:

Sure, why not?

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    What about we all raise some money to send you to a black hole so you can live out your dreams?
    Sure! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    But WHY? You'd die long before you actually reached it. And there would be no way to send the stuff back you were looking at. Be a nice way to go though, if you had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I would!

Would be so cool! Plus, I'd film my journey, which would make it the best documentary film ever - with exclusive commentary from im so academic.

Would you go into a black hole? Why/why not?

Discuss.
    You really are a ******* retard
    I hate you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.