The Student Room Group

First time @ nightclub scene, will i get male attention?

anon or delete because this question is pretty embarrassing lol

im 20, female and ive never been to a night clubbing my life. :o: none of my mates know! but i'm going clubbing with 2 girl mates next week and i want to know what to expect..

im considered attractive, im slim, long hait etc, i do get male attention in the street in the daytime.

now, what's it like for the women in a club? do you get alot of male attention? is it because of drink, atmosphere, music, etc?

i know this sounds stupid but i wanted to ask to know what to expect. im single anyway so it wont be bad if so, but im nervous about this aspect and want to know what its really like for women in these places. thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Against popular belief, night clubs are not simply places where men go to prey on women. Of course, this aspect is there (going both ways) but most of the time you'll find people just there to drink, dance and have fun with their friends. You may or may not get approched - but you'll certainly have guys looking at you. Enjoy it!
It depends what kind of place you go to.
Alternative nights are generally much better in terms of atmosphere, and there are far less people trying to touch you up.

Even absolute beasts tend to get attention in certain types of clubs or on particular nights. R&B nights are generally the worst I've found. Full of sleeze bags.

So, if you're considered as attractive you'll probably get some kind of attention.
Reply 3
danpr
Against popular belief, night clubs are not simply places where men go to prey on women. Of course, this aspect is there (going both ways) but most of the time you'll find people just there to drink, dance and have fun with their friends. You may or may not get approched - but you'll certainly have guys looking at you. Enjoy it!

No, they don't; you're right. Men go to night clubs for witty banter with their pals, with a DJ there to unobtrusively fill in any awkward silences. The aforementioned witty banter is lubricated by a wide range of reasonably priced drinks at the bar, and service is always given with a smile. Men congregate in night clubs in favour of other environments because night clubs never smell of sweat and are always well ventilated.
Reply 4
A lot of it depends on your own body language and, of course, attire.
the only guys i seem to get attention from are pervy old foreigners in clubs :s-smilie:
What do you bloody think? Even heffers can get laid at nightclubs, it's not difficult.

And you realise the "nightclub scene" is a generic statement... one club will be 100% to the next.
Reply 7
To be honest, I'd be surprised if someone didn't get attention at a club.
iced_dragon_agility
the only guys i seem to get attention from are pervy old foreigners in clubs :s-smilie:

Do you have something/anything against foreigners ?
It depends on how you're dressed
what club are you going to and what do you like to drink?
thanks
an_anonymous_friend
Do you have something/anything against foreigners ?

Nothing at all, im virtually foreign myself, it just seems that all the pervy old men are foreigners.
iced_dragon_agility
Nothing at all, im virtually foreign myself, it just seems that all the pervy old men are foreigners.

would you desribe your body type as "cuddly" or "more to love" ?
Being female, then the probability is that you will.
Whether that attention is wanted or not, will depend on the club you are at.
And don't be naive. If a guy you don't know buys you a drink or something, then the likelihood is he wants to be in your knickers, and is not just "being friendly". (I know I'm generalising here, and I'm not saying ONS are wrong. Just if your naive about this kind of thing, it can be easy to not realise what may happen).
Craigthered
would you desribe your body type as "cuddly" or "more to love" ?

what has that got to do with anything? :confused:
Reply 15
Anonymous
anon or delete because this question is pretty embarrassing lol

im 20, female and ive never been to a night clubbing my life. :o: none of my mates know! but i'm going clubbing with 2 girl mates next week and i want to know what to expect..

im considered attractive, im slim, long hait etc, i do get male attention in the street in the daytime.

now, what's it like for the women in a club? do you get alot of male attention? is it because of drink, atmosphere, music, etc?

i know this sounds stupid but i wanted to ask to know what to expect. im single anyway so it wont be bad if so, but im nervous about this aspect and want to know what its really like for women in these places. thanks

What sort of attention do you get in the street at the day time?
iced_dragon_agility
what has that got to do with anything? :confused:

just your comment about foreign oldys perving on you, perhaps thinking they have a chance with less in demand girls.
Reply 17
thanks everyone, no im not posting pics. i want this anonymous so that my mates dont know about it.

Honey_89
What sort of attention do you get in the street at the day time?

sometimes guys stare or whistle when i pass them :o:
Reply 18
I HATE it when men come and rub/writhe up against you when you're dancing... :frown: GROSS.
Reply 19
Tink12
I HATE it when men come and rub/writhe up against you when you're dancing... :frown: GROSS.

does this happen alot when youre out? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending