Turn on thread page Beta

She didn't bleed when having sex? watch

Well I've been with my girlfriend for 4 months now and we've been getting quite sexual (we are both virgins) and a few days ago we had sex. So I've heard and read that the hymen breaks when you first have sex and so there is bleeding but when we had sex there wasn't any. However, later on I read that it can sometimes break if you do activites like horse-riding and stuff like that.

However, I know she has never done anything like horse-riding so how could there not have been any bleeding? Is there any other ways to break it and is it normal that sometimes there is no bleeding?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't bleed with my gf...

Yeah it is normal, she might just have been really wet and it slowly stretched? My first time I had orgasmed in foreplay and then I didn't really bleed...but second time we had sex I bled quite a bit when it tore properly.

ReputationRep:
    Er, did you try punching her in the nose?

ReputationRep:
    You can break it a number of ways as well as horse riding so it's perfectly normal. I wouldn't think anything of it..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I've been with my girlfriend for 4 months now and we've been getting quite sexual (we are both virgins) and a few days ago we had sex. So I've heard and read that the hymen breaks when you first have sex and so there is bleeding but when we had sex there wasn't any. However, later on I read that it can sometimes break if you do activites like horse-riding and stuff like that.

However, I know she has never done anything like horse-riding so how could there not have been any bleeding? Is there any other ways to break it and is it normal that sometimes there is no bleeding?
    You aren't thrusting hard enough!

It doesn't bleed every time, or so I believe.

ReputationRep:

Does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    Some people are born without one, some people break it during PE at school :dontknow: nothing particularly abnormal about not bleeding

It completely normal and Iin fact some people are born without one.

Horse-riding is not the only way to break the hymen. Other types of activities such as PE and sports can break the hymen.

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly normal not to bleed.

ReputationRep:
    If she only bled a little bit then you may just not have noticed. It can be broken by using tampons or doing some types of exercise as well.

Nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    i was a virgin and i didn't bleed, its normal : )

ReputationRep:

I didn't bleed.

I don't do horse riding.
    shock horror.

I didn't bleed first time I had sex it's perfectly normal. Even if the hymen is in tact it's not like there's gallons of blood, just a little spotting - I noticed this the 3rd time I had sex when I went to the loo straight afterwards - there was so little my boyfriend certainly didn't notice.

Stop being paranoid! I would have been incredibly upset if my boyfriend had thought that I might not have been a virgin just because I didn't bleed.

I didnt bleed the first time, however sometimes if my bf is thrusting really hard I do bleed, but its all good

ReputationRep:
    i didn't bleed my first times
    also hymens can break with tampons too

what are you worried she lied to you about being a virgin or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cocoa)
    i didn't bleed my first times
    also hymens can break with tampons too

what are you worried she lied to you about being a virgin or something?
    first times :curious:

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter tbh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sooz)
    first times :curious:
    i bleed now if i've had a long period of sexual inactivity...it's weird

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bleed the first time, just about five times after that!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.