Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's your stand on it guys/gals?

Are you totally against it? Totally for it? Caught somewhere in the middle?

I feel ashamed to admit that I know a few idiots who feel abortion is some sort of contraception. :rolleyes:

Okay, before everyone screams 'pro-choice' with a funky smilie, perhaps explain a little of your reasoning?

ReputationRep:
    I am pro choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    What's your stand on it guys/gals?

Are you totally against it? Totally for it? Caught somewhere in the middle?

I feel ashamed to admit that I know a few idiots who feel abortion is some sort of contraception. :rolleyes:
    This is when I am against it. People who have unprotected sex and view abortion as a way out.

I support it in cases of rape/abuse but a life is too precious to be taken away. I guess I'm pro life.

ReputationRep:
    Completely depends upon circumstance.

ReputationRep:
    Pro choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yay or nay... stupid ******* way to phrase it.

I'm pro choice.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you are pro-choice, its hardly a 'YAY' kind of thing :s:

I'm pro-choice.

Although I find the fact that you can still terminate a pregnancy more than half way through a bit strange. I know why this is (so dont need to be quoted with explanations as to why ), but thats my personal opinion on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-choice :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Yay or nay... stupid ******* way to phrase it.

I'm pro choice.
    Haha, do calm down, dear. :yy:

Of course, any noobsicle would note that the implications are a little ... deeper.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, do calm down, dear. :yy:

Of course, any noobsicle would note that the implications are a little ... deeper.

I am calm. Who the **** is going to say 'yay' about abortion?

Your second sentence unsurprisingly makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I am calm. Who the **** is going to say 'yay' about abortion?

Your second sentence unsurprisingly makes no sense.
    Sorry, I lol'd at your rapturous idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    I ordered one of the iTouches for £8.90. :awesome:
    You lucky git. I wish I did. I'd have ordered around £3,000 worth lol.

I always miss out

ReputationRep:
    I'm against abortion in many situations. There are only a few where I think it could be considered, however even then i'd try and encourage people to consider the other options but in those cases you can't force them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    This is when I am against it. People who have unprotected sex and view abortion as a way out.

I support it in cases of rape/abuse but a life is too precious to be taken away. I guess I'm pro life.
    :ditto: this really.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-choice! Women are entitled to the freedom to make choices about their own reproduction.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pro-choice, but that doesn't mean I'm pro-abortion, in fact I don't think anyone is.

It angers me to hear of abortion being used as a solution, when someone hasn't bothered to use contraception, on the grounds of if they get pregnant they'll abort.

However, at the same time, mistakes happen and contraception fails. The idea of abortion being illegal, and someone who has used contraception which failed them, having to continue with an unwanted pregnancy makes me feel uncomfortable. That's why, if there was any ever motion to get make abortion illegal, I would find for it to remain legal.

As a final point, I don't understand how anyone could be against abortion in cases of rape, or where the mother's life is at risk if she continued with the pregnancy. My cousin had to have an abortion after being diagnosed with cancer four months into her pregnancy, and was told if she continued with the pregnancy and waited to have treatment afterwards, she wouldn't survive. It was agonising for her, because it was a much wanted child, but she had to put her life first. If she hadn't, she would have brought a child into the world, but the child would have been motherless not long afterwards. Yet there are pro-lifers who would happily deny people like my cousin the right to have an abortion, even if it had cost her her life, and I just can't understand that.

ReputationRep:
    I would say i'm Pro Choice, but there are certain aspects of the whole thing that i disagree with.

In particular the fact that, as mentioned above, abortion is often used as a form of birth control. In my old job, i worked with a girl who had 4 abortions before she was 18, which is ridiculous.

(Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    Pro-choice! Women are entitled to the freedom to make choices about their own reproduction.
    This.

Unless the baby can be sustained outside of the womb.

I mean, how lazy or indecisive do you have to be to wait 5 months to have an abortion?

It might take some thinking time but waiting until it's a small person is not the way to go about it in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    I'm pro-choice, but that doesn't mean I'm pro-abortion, in fact I don't think anyone is.

It angers me to hear of abortion being used as a solution, when someone hasn't bothered to use contraception, on the grounds of if they get pregnant they'll abort.

However, at the same time, mistakes happen and contraception fails. The idea of abortion being illegal, and someone who has used contraception which failed them, having to continue with an unwanted pregnancy makes me feel uncomfortable. That's why, if there was any ever motion to get make abortion illegal, I would find for it to remain legal.

As a final point, I don't understand how anyone could be against abortion in cases of rape, or where the mother's life is at risk if she continued with the pregnancy. My cousin had to have an abortion after being diagnosed with cancer four months into her pregnancy, and was told if she continued with the pregnancy and waited to have treatment afterwards, she wouldn't survive. It was agonising for her, because it was a much wanted child, but she had to put her life first. If she hadn't, she would have brought a child into the world, but the child would have been motherless not long afterwards. Yet there are pro-lifers who would happily deny people like my cousin the right to have an abortion, even if it had cost her her life, and I just can't understand that.
    I would have thought pro-lifers would take extreme circumstances (i.e. rape/mother dying as a result) as exceptions? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm half and half.
    I think I'm pro-life unless there is extreme circumstances. Like rape, or a disability that the child is suffering.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.