Turn on thread page Beta

footballer's being overpaid watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    :lolwut: how does that work?
    Bloody hell, I was just giving a balanced argument. If you don't understand how a balanced POV works...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Bloody hell, I was just giving a balanced argument. If you don't understand how a balanced POV works...
    how does not saving lives constitute to not deserving to earn a high salary?

ReputationRep:
    how does not saving lives constitute to not deserving to earn a high salary?
    Look at it the other way round: surely saving lives constitutes to deserving to earn a high salary?

Meh, find someone who actually agrees with this argument, since I was just saying what some people think. The OP could decide either way on the issue and so I gave contrasting views.

ReputationRep:
    The European football leagues have had to follow the NBA and NFL in promoting the league to an international market. The sales of television broadcasting rights of the 'Premier League' in countries like the USA and China have given the clubs big bucks and globalised the League.

Big businesses are involved so more money is around. The players are getting back the income they are bringing the Premier League. Broadcasters pay for it because Gerrard, Ronaldo and Owen look good on screens.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it the other way round: surely saving lives constitutes to deserving to earn a high salary?

Meh, find someone who actually agrees with this argument, since I was just saying what some people think. The OP could decide either way on the issue and so I gave contrasting views.
    yes that is correct if you save lives i suppose you do deserve more but looking at it the other way round does not validate or strengthen your argument,
    people who own businesses, if you will, who start out from very little and then work hard to grow then deserve the end result of lots of money

ReputationRep:

Not really. How much "good work" you do doesn't have any impact on your salary. Salaries aren't decided on saving lives, or doing good.

ReputationRep:
    yes that is correct if you save lives i suppose you do deserve more but looking at it the other way round does not validate or strengthen your argument,
    people who own businesses, if you will, who start out from very little and then work hard to grow then deserve the end result of lots of money
    It's not my argument, that's what I've said several times. I'm just saying why people believe that. I personally don't; I was giving a balanced view. Maybe the OP feels differently and if so, you have someone to discuss this with.

(Original post by Jonty99)
    Not really. How much "good work" you do doesn't have any impact on your salary. Salaries aren't decided on saving lives, or doing good.
    You completely missed two points, therefore I'd advise you to read the entire thread again.

ReputationRep:
    "Addylad" and Clad in Armour" i understand both ur points, i know what ur both saying but people are always going o hav different opinions this, i wanted to do both sides of the arguement but not allowed , tbh i think that footballer's are overpaid but t isnt there fault, i mean ur not gonna turn down that kinda of money are u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty...x)
    i mean ur not gonna turn down that kinda of money are u?
    And how many students go to, or wish to go to university for financial advancement who claim footballers are overpaid? Surely there's a tad bit of cherry-picking here. You're deciding your career choices on the basis of materialist culture. The fact that you decide which jobs get a specific amount by perceived worth is your own arbitrary definition. I could claim investment bankers and dentists are overpaid if I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geoffwii)
    Mmm, agree with the majority of what you're saying except that. All the talented bands/musicians spend so much time touring, make only enough money to get by as their income comes from selling merch at gigs with everyone downloading, while all the commercial musicians who usually have no talent (i.e. they don't write their own music and even if they did it's still usually generic beats with crap lyrics) still don't earn more than most premiership footballers.
    Okay, the commercial musicians get overpaid but most of the others struggle. Exact same thing in football, the elite get paid millions but all the others don't, many struggle to earn enough to support their young families, many are on short term contracts and could get a career ending injury everytime they play which makes them have very little job security at all. Alot gave up education early to persue the footballing career so have no qualifications and considering the career of a footballer only lasts 25-30 years tops then you can see how they aren't all lucky.

ReputationRep:
    But 90% of the loaded commercial musicians are less talented and earn way much more than bands without a big manager. Just look at Soulja Boy, he probably gets paid millions and screw personal opinion, he's bloody appauling and definitely not elite.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.