Turn on thread page Beta

rude customer took pics of me, should i quit my job? watch

pls keep anon

i dont post on tsr much but it was the first place i could come to about this

i just got back from work which was probs the worst day ever

i shaved my eyebrows off a couple of days ago when very drunk and was dreading work/going out in public ever since.

today, i had a groupd of grown men (in their 30s) queing up and they were laughing/taking the piss and holding their camera phone out right infront of me. at first i thought they were taking pics of one of their mates who was sat down on the seat across the room, but it was of me and when i served them they were all like gigling and stuff which is when i realised that they took pics of me

shoudl i report them or do i forget about it? i feel like **** and dont want to go back to work. it's so embarassing cos i think all the customers saw them doing it.

please help, i want to kill myself

ReputationRep:
    report them for what? being mean?

Learn your lesson and don't be so daft when drunk in future.

(Original post by fragreaper)
    report them for what? being mean?

Learn your lesson and don't be so daft when drunk in future.
    yeah i want to report them for being so "sick" and taking pics of me. they wer ein the 30s ffs why would they do something like that?

and pls leave the whole drunkness morality out of this. i need advice on whether to report them and try and delete those pics off their phone because imagine if they upload them onto facebook? and what if they're regular customers?

ReputationRep:
    where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the guy above. You should too and as he said learn from your mistake.

ReputationRep:
    lol, you're an idiot. Learn from your mistakes and get over it, you can't report someone to the police for 'being mean'. Grow up & don't be such a tool next time you're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    It's your own fault? If you do silly things you're bound to have people laughing at you, you did this yourself. Yeah it was a bit immature to take pictures of you and to laugh at you, but by no means sick. It'd be far worse to take pictures of a car crash than it would an idiot who doesn't know their limits.

ReputationRep:
    give the guys a break, they were just having a laugh.

funny ****

(Original post by ClaireHogben)
    where do you work?
    in a shop which is right in the centre of my town so very busy.
    i feel so embarassed and pissed off/violated

ReputationRep:
    So you went to work with no eyebrows? Draw them on with eyebrow pencil and dont quit your job.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It is illegal to take pictures of somebody without their permission. So legally you can ask them to delete them.

And it;s your own fault. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Draw them on

Naw, I wouldn't quit your job. Yes, that's pretty embarrassing but I think it could've happened to anyone who'd done the same thing you had. Stick at it and move on. You've allowed them to upset you, don't allow them to make you quit your job too.

With regards to the photos, there's not much you can do if you don't know who took them. If you do happen to see them floating around on social networking sites then you can report them I guess but it's unlikely you'll see the pics.
    That's not to say that others won't see them but they probably won't know you! That's how I tried to comfort myself after some weedy guy ran up to a shop window and snapped a pic of me when I was trying to sort my bag with a really pissed off look on my face. I felt really paranoid/embarrassed at the time but I got over it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why everyone's having a go at the OP. Who gives a **** whether his/her eyebrows were shaved off. The fact is a bunch of pricks decided to take pictures without permission, I'd be pretty ticked off if someone did that to me. Report them if you want or if you see them again, confront them.

(Original post by RNBen)
    It is illegal to take pictures of somebody without their permission. So legally you can ask them to delete them.

Beat me to it!

Although it would probably just be easier to draw eyebrows on as suggested :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    lol i bet you look like a peanut.

ReputationRep:
    FFS OP, you make it sound like they drugged you and took naked pictures or something! :rolleyes:

Stop being such a drama queen and get over yourself. Yes, they were being silly and immature, but no more so than you were when you shaved your eyebrows off. Get some eyebrow pencil if you're that bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it to heart, if you saw sombody in the same position surely you would have a giggle about it? (Maybe not go as far as to take pictures..but still) Im sure you'll get over it. In the meantime just pencil them on until they grow back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)

I doubt any judge would convict them.

Why would you quit your job for a picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)

No it's not...

Where do people get this rubbish?

ReputationRep:
    can you not buy new eye brows on the internet

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.