Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

rude customer took pics of me, should i quit my job? Watch

(Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    I don't know why everyone's having a go at the OP. Who gives a **** whether his/her eyebrows were shaved off. The fact is a bunch of pricks decided to take pictures without permission, I'd be pretty ticked off if someone did that to me. Report them if you want or if you see them again, confront them.
    i dunno if i should report them, but i if i do, it'll be to my work place. i'll probably say something along the lines of how i didn't feel safe because i was so humiliated and really shaky when i finished serving them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i dunno if i should report them, but i if i do, it'll be to my work place. i'll probably say something along the lines of how i didn't feel safe because i was so humiliated and really shaky when i finished serving them
    That's a different matter, your place of work, e.g your manager reserves the right to refuse anyone entry to the shop... but that's about the extent of their power...

ReputationRep:
    people telling him to not be such an idiot/tool..come on, im sure you've all done silly/stupid things when drunk,cast the first stone...

OP, are you a fermale? Can you not draw them on, and dw they WILL grow back! just say you have alopecia....lol

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you draw on eyebrows?

That's a serious question btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    people telling him to not be such an idiot/tool..come on, im sure you've all done silly/stupid things when drunk,cast the first stone...

OP, are you a fermale? Can you not draw them on, and dw they WILL grow back! just say you have alopecia....lol

Alopecia on just her eyebrows?

That's convincing...

ReputationRep:
    You don't quit work because you do something stupid.

(Original post by 0_YouKnowIt)
    Why didn't you draw on eyebrows?

That's a serious question btw.
    I drew on faint lines because it added to the ridiculous-ness of how i looked without any on but by the time i get to work it all wears out so i dont have time to re-do them.

at that moment that they took pics and laughed at me i confirmed to myself that i will walk out right this minute but i couldnt because of the long queues... i was shaking like mad with humilation by the time they had gone. everyone was looking at me but didnt ask if i was alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Alopecia on just her eyebrows?

That's convincing...

I think it happens, like some people can loose it just on their pubes..or legs..or something, like specific areas..

I dunno, either way i prefer to make people feel guilty as my form of punishment :p:

ReputationRep:
    First of all your a **** for shaving off your own eyebrows and secondly what are you crying about. Obviously people are gonna take the mick, man up and don't get so drunk in future if this is what comes of it

ReputationRep:
    Just go back to work, its really not a big deal. You'll get over it soon and just look back and laugh. Try to be light hearted about it, couldn't you of just had a laugh with the people taking the photo's and say that you didn't want to be reminded of it ever, so please no photographs. Or if you really can't joke about just tell your boss that you felt harrassed by customers taking pictures of you?
    Where do you work btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragreaper)
    report them for what? being mean?

Learn your lesson and don't be so daft when drunk in future.
    its illegal to take pictures of someone without consent from them.

ReputationRep:
    Just laugh along with them. You know if you saw someone in a shop in that condition you'd find it funny too.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there a clause about 'if they have reasonable expectation of privacy'?

That is to say...you're allowed to take pictures in public

(Original post by bubba.ok)
    Or if you really can't joke about just tell your boss that you felt harrassed by customers taking pictures of you?
    i really can't joke about it. i dont think anyone understands how this has made me feel tbh. to you it may sound trvial but until it happens to you, you wonthave a clue of the sheer amount of humilation i felt.

i think i will tell my manager that i was harassed by a bunch of men in their 30s but i dunno what they will do after and its gonna be so bad if theyre regular customers. they were literally so immature it was disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    i really can't joke about it. i dont think anyone understands how this has made me feel tbh. to you it may sound trvial but until it happens to you, you wonthave a clue of the sheer amount of humilation i felt.

i think i will tell my manager that i was harassed by a bunch of men in their 30s but i dunno what they will do after and its gonna be so bad if theyre regular customers. they were literally so immature it was disturbing.
    tbh grow up, i've had lots worse. men taking pictures pinching my bum proposibng to me offering to take me back to his for a quick*nudge nudge wink wink*

ReputationRep:

Hmm, you really can't blame them. Maybe taking pictures was a bit out of order, but you shaved your eyebrows off. So you're obviously going to get a few people staring.

There is nothing your boss can do really. However, if you do report the event to him then if they are regular customers your boss may keep an eye out to see if they ever do anything similar again.

Where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    It really helps how you havn't mentioned where you work.
    You shouldnt quit your job, that's just extreme
    Just report it to your boss/manager, and say you feel abit disgusted and embarassed..

There's no need to give up your job because some dudes took pictures of you, eyebrows grow back quicker than any hair on your body

ReputationRep:
    pls keep anon

i dont post on tsr much but it was the first place i could come to about this

i just got back from work which was probs the worst day ever

i shaved my eyebrows off a couple of days ago when very drunk and was dreading work/going out in public ever since.

today, i had a groupd of grown men (in their 30s) queing up and they were laughing/taking the piss and holding their camera phone out right infront of me. at first i thought they were taking pics of one of their mates who was sat down on the seat across the room, but it was of me and when i served them they were all like gigling and stuff which is when i realised that they took pics of me

shoudl i report them or do i forget about it? i feel like **** and dont want to go back to work. it's so embarassing cos i think all the customers saw them doing it.

please help, i want to kill myself
    Have you spoken to your manager about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    its illegal to take pictures of someone without consent from them.

No, it is not.

ReputationRep:
    in a shop which is right in the centre of my town so very busy.
    i feel so embarassed and pissed off/violated
    Look if you really feel this bad then report the guys for violating your privacy.

But its generally a case of live with it I'm afraid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.