Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

rude customer took pics of me, should i quit my job? watch

ReputationRep:
    I doubt the problem here is whether it's legal or not, if someone took a picture of me in a bad way, my own fault or not, I would be ****** off and you all would be too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It actually is, should the person request that the photo be deleted.
    No, it's not. Show me any legislation that regulates taking photography of people for benign purposes. There are some constraints on the media when the photo / footage is published (i.e. release forms), but this is to avoid litigation under civil torts.

In a public place I could take a picture of anyone under normal circumstances, and that person has no legal right to demand I delete the photograph.

ReputationRep:
    QUIT YOUR JOB!! God knows where this will go from here... it's the only way. Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragreaper)
    No, it's not. Show me any legislation that regulates taking photography of people for benign purposes.

In a public place I could take a picture of anyone under normal circumstances, and that person has no legal right to demand I delete the photograph.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneEyedYellowIdol)
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Whilst a lovely sound bite, your post doesn't really have much substance as an argument does it?

My stance on the discussion is that an individual taking a photograph of someone without their permission in a public place, and refusing to delete that photograph, commits no offence. Since legislation dictates what is illegal, rather than what is legal, I would suggest that the posters disagreeing with me simply quote some legislation to the contrary rather than obtusely repeating "no, you can't". www.opsi.gov.uk contains nigh all on recent legislation. I will however say, that no such law exists.

ReputationRep:
    You can sue them. It is actually illegal for them to take photographs of you without your consent. Go for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoLoMo)
    You can sue them. It is actually illegal for them to take photographs of you without your consent. Go for it!!
    Incorrect. Link

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but WTF OP.

You got drunk, shaved your eyebrows, and now taking offence because someone was laughing at your stupidity?

It's your own bloody fault. Stop whining and take it like a man.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is awesome.

You shouldn't really worry about having no eyebrows, just make a joke of it yourself, and hey you may attract more customers to come to the shop, meaning higher profits, meaning promotion for you! ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Aside from the 'maths grammar', this made me laugh so much.

I just pictured loads of eyebrowless people, all thinking of each other and looking at the same bit of sky or something, wondering how many other eyebrowless people there are out there.
    lol , i think i have an idea but what does 'maths grammer' mean exactley?

ReputationRep:
    No it's not...

Where do people get this rubbish?
    Its a bit iffy to take photos of kids without their parent's permission. But unless you have copywrited your own image, then reporducing a semblence of it (say by posting a photo on the internet) is not illegal.

So if you ever want to stay out of the papers, then copywrite your face. Then if someone wants to publish a photo of you, then you can charge them copywrite, and failure to pay you for publishing it would allow you to sue them...

I can't believe TSR can be so heartless...

I should have just left the drunk part out tbh.

This isn't about whether or not I should have watched how much I was drnking; a bunch of men in their 30s were laughing and taking the piss out of me in my face, and decided to film/take pictures on their phone.

Fair enough, I have no eyebrows but I served a handful of customers that day, and they didn't say anything. Yeah, i did expect the staring and stuff but I wasn't expecting to have pictures taken.

Does anyone else not think that it was really rude of them to have done that? Infront of other customers on the shop floor? The fact that they were grown men in their 30s is highly disturbing as to how they could have been so immature...

I'm dreading going into work today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    If it is any comfort at all, a customer at work today threw two boxes of cat food at me.
    For no reason.
    And didn't apologise.
    :eek:

??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

This isn't about whether or not I should have watched how much I was drnking; a bunch of men in their 30s were laughing and taking the piss out of me in my face, and decided to film/take pictures on their phone.

Fair enough, I have no eyebrows but I served a handful of customers that day, and they didn't say anything. Yeah, i did expect the staring and stuff but I wasn't expecting to have pictures taken.

Does anyone else not think that it was really rude of them to have done that? Infront of other customers on the shop floor? The fact that they were grown men in their 30s is highly disturbing as to how they could have been so immature...

See my post a couple of pages back.

No, nobody seems to have a heart. Tell your manager.

ReputationRep:
    We weren`t allowed to take photos of other people at school but it`s not illegal, that would kinda **** newspapers over.

OP I will admit I did chuckle a bit, not because I am sick but because the image of someone without eyebrows is quite funny. There is no need to quit your job over it, everyone gets a few horrible customers, myself included. Personally, I would have laughed along and told them I was drunk at 30 I`m sure they`d had similar drunken nights.

I hope it was a friend that did it to you while passed out and not you deciding to do it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst a lovely sound bite, your post doesn't really have much substance as an argument does it?

My stance on the discussion is that an individual taking a photograph of someone without their permission in a public place, and refusing to delete that photograph, commits no offence. Since legislation dictates what is illegal, rather than what is legal, I would suggest that the posters disagreeing with me simply quote some legislation to the contrary rather than obtusely repeating "no, you can't". www.opsi.gov.uk contains nigh all on recent legislation. I will however say, that no such law exists.
    Wtf are you on with?

I've explained the law above. In a civil sense location has nothing to do with anything; the concern is the nature of the acts photographed. If you're (for example) leaving a drugs clinic and walking into Oxford Street in London and are photographed (ie a public place) then this kind of thing may have a cause of action because the nature of the act is private though its dependent on a number of other factors.

What you say about legislation is also absolute nonsense. Primary legislation is not the only source of criminal law; the most important part of criminal law is the 'judge made' common law. I don't know where you get your information from but it's not entirely correct.

Hence the quotation because you are simply not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoLoMo)
    No, it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

It's an internet forum, not everybody has a heart. You could have left out the bit about being drunk but then how would you have explained you shaving your own eyebrows off? If you had left the eyebrows details out how would you have explained why the guys were taking the mickey out of you?

Your original questions were should you report them or shake it off and most of the posts have been debating whether you could report them or not, not if we think they were rude. I personally think they were childish and rude but that's life, you're going to meet people like that but sometimes you'll meet people like me that'll tell them that yes, you look a bit silly without eyebrows but they look sillier because they're acting like tits and should grow up.

ReputationRep:
    if there in their 30's, doing that, then just look down upon them they clearly have the morals of a sewer rat and properly the life style, too.

ReputationRep:
    Do what Brock Lesnar did to Frank Mir earlier this morning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.