Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

rude customer took pics of me, should i quit my job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutee4help)
    Why are you even quoting von hannover / JK rowling caselaw, both of those cases refered to publishing a photograph and the remedy being damages/injunction.

Absolutely 0% applicability to a photo taken for private purposes.
    The law works on a system called precedent. Where cases aren't completely anologous then they may be considered as pursuasive. I've said repeatedly that this would not apply to the OP's situation which is clearly a private situation. We've clearly gone off on a tangent here and are talking in general terms. I merely pointed out that they are applicable in certain instances, ie one's that aren't private purposes. I just pointed out where the mere 'taking of a photograph in a public place' could be actionable. See all the above posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It is illegal to take pictures of somebody without their permission. So legally you can ask them to delete them.

And it;s your own fault. Get over it.
    who told you that because it;s untrue in a public place

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me this is some sort of joke >_<

For what exactly?
    Well unless the laws have changed since I was last interested in following them I'm sure you had to have permission to take someone's photo one-on-one. I thought that was the reason why professional photographers have to ask whether it is ok to take your photo.

I could well be wrong though...I'm just sure that this was true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    Well unless the laws have changed since I was last interested in following them I'm sure you had to have permission to take someone's photo one-on-one. I thought that was the reason why professional photographers have to ask whether it is ok to take your photo.

That's because professional photographers are likely to publish them afterwards (ie on a website to show off what they do).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    its illegal to take pictures of someone without consent from them.
    if ure in a public place ure picture can be taken

ReputationRep:

You seem to be a bit confused about merely taking a photo and publishing it.

There mere act of taking a photograph of another person has never been an offence under UK law.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be a bit confused about merely taking a photo and publishing it.

There mere act of taking a photograph of another person has never been an offence under UK law.
    Except when that photograph is likely to be useful for terrorist purposes, or is part of a sustained course of conduct that amounts to harassment or is of the individual performing a 'private act' But I digress. Generally speaking, you are absolutely correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It is illegal to take pictures of somebody without their permission.
    No it isn't.

So legally you can ask them to delete them.
    Well, you can ask anything, but they certainly don't have to oblige you. Moreover, if it was - as you suggest - a criminal offence, forcing the deletion of evidence of that would be slightly questionable, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the people saying "its illegal to take pictures of people without their consent". Go and ask for the hours of CCTV being taken of you everyday to be deleted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iain 815)
    The police would just laugh your arse out of the station.
    ..and hopefully take a few photos of your face for further amusement.

The only people it could be reported to is whoever is in charge at the place of work because they can then see if they can obtain CCTV footage of the men and forward it to the police.
    Seriously, some people on here are stupid.

Do you really think if the OP complained to the manager they would then take the time to trawl through CCTV to hand over to the Police who would then spend a lot of time and resources trying to track down these 'criminals' and bring them to justice for taking photos of an eyebrowless freak in a supermarket?
    Do you really think that is how the world works?:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You should just laugh with them

ReputationRep:
    Why are you whining? You chose to shave off your own eyebrows - stupid, yes - worthy of sympathy? No.

Get over it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Refuse to serve them/others next time? I'm sure your store has a policy where mocking staff is justifiable for denial of service.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO at people who think it is illegal to take pictures of adults without consent.

ReputationRep:
    Just grow your fringe so it goes below where your iBrows would be.

(Original post by nicola778)
    lol , i think i have an idea but what does 'maths grammer' mean exactley?
    Grammar.

A lack of it, due to a more maths-fond side of you and spelling and punctuation become subsidiary haha.

Oh and to the 3 people who quoted me about the catfood throwing incident;

He had no reason (unless my smile and hello were offensive to him?) as far as I could tell.

And he didn't say sorry and I spent too long being shocked and waiting for an apology to ask him what was the issue!

ReputationRep:
    ever heard of sneeze muffins ?

ReputationRep:
    Dont be so hyper sensitive

Gosh customers ***** at me all the time, if i quit my job everytime that happened id never hold down a job for more then 15 mins.

IMO i would have made a joke out of it

ReputationRep:
    You can report them for harassment/assault.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.