Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

rude customer took pics of me, should i quit my job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's your own ******* fault for getting drunk in the first place...if you do report them, nothing will happen because nobody has time for your childish fits.

Why the **** has this thread gone 8+ pages long? :confused:

STFU about the legality of taking pics pls. That's not what the thread is about.

(Original post by Mithra)
    Refuse to serve them/others next time? I'm sure your store has a policy where mocking staff is justifiable for denial of service.
    Do you think? But the store's just too busy so I dunno if it'll be too much hassle with my manager always having to step in everytime they come in.

I've decided to change my contract hours to morning shifts (8am - 1pm ish) because they came in at around 4pm so maybe that's the hour they're most likely to come by again

(Original post by Dodo XD)
    It's your own ******* fault for getting drunk in the first place...if you do report them, nothing will happen because nobody has time for your childish fits.
    you're a ****. maybe READ through the thread before attempting to post or just don't post at all in the future?
    I stated on page 5/6 how I want you all to keep the "being drunk" part out of it. At the end of the day, this isn't about me watching how much I drink; the fact is that a bunch of grown men in their 30s took pics of me and were filming me on their phone. If it was a bunch of teenagers I wouldn't be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you're a ****. maybe READ through the thread before attempting to post or just don't post at all in the future?
    I stated on page 5/6 how I want you all to keep the "being drunk" part out of it. At the end of the day, this isn't about me watching how much I drink; the fact is that a bunch of grown men in their 30s took pics of me and were filming me on their phone. If it was a bunch of teenagers I wouldn't be bothered.
    I'm sorry if you expect everyone to go through 7 pages of posts before they put up a post. And the fact is, this is all because you can't control how much you drink and this in fact is your fault and are just too childish to admit it, so instead you rant about how a few guys took a picture of you because they found it amusing. Oh and moreover the fact that you are anon just backs me up even more.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to read 6 pages to know that shaving off your eyebrows is a retarded idea, drunk or not.

Grow a pair (of eyebrows), and learn to have a sense of humour. Failing that, just don't whine about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadnerb)
    ..and hopefully take a few photos of your face for further amusement.

Seriously, some people on here are stupid.

Do you really think if the OP complained to the manager they would then take the time to trawl through CCTV to hand over to the Police who would then spend a lot of time and resources trying to track down these 'criminals' and bring them to justice for taking photos of an eyebrowless freak in a supermarket?
    Do you really think that is how the world works?:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    No I don't you fag! I'm just saying that in an ideal world where the law was followed properly and the system wasn't corrupt all intelligent people know it is in some areas then this would be the solution to such a problem.

ReputationRep:
    pls keep anon

i dont post on tsr much but it was the first place i could come to about this

i just got back from work which was probs the worst day ever

i shaved my eyebrows off a couple of days ago when very drunk and was dreading work/going out in public ever since.

today, i had a groupd of grown men (in their 30s) queing up and they were laughing/taking the piss and holding their camera phone out right infront of me. at first i thought they were taking pics of one of their mates who was sat down on the seat across the room, but it was of me and when i served them they were all like gigling and stuff which is when i realised that they took pics of me

shoudl i report them or do i forget about it? i feel like **** and dont want to go back to work. it's so embarassing cos i think all the customers saw them doing it.

please help, i want to kill myself
    chillax lol few days ago in work ( a bar) I served this guy in his fifties who was there with his friend, he was steaming even though it was like 4pm. It was quiet with people having Sunday Lunch etc, and he pointed at me when I was serving him and shouted 'hes got a bald patch!!' veeerry loudly. He called the bargirls over etc, and soon people lost interest. Soon he was talking about his daughter who was in uni, so I started making very crass comments about her and making him very uncomfortable. People were laughing at him, so he started saying I looked nice etc I asked if he was coming on to me.
    He did not like that, and started tellin me to go away.
    I said if he wanted me to leave him with his boyfriend that was ok
    (they were both tattoed, waering chains and had beer bellies )

He left very fast

Incidently I do not have a bald patch. I have a full head of thick hair. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    No I don't you fag! I'm just saying that in an ideal world where the law was followed properly and the system wasn't corrupt all intelligent people know it is in some areas then this would be the solution to such a problem.
    Your ideal world is that police waste time with a mickymouse thing like this?

If they were ever to take something like this seriously, I would shave off my own eyebrows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob_K)

Do I need permission to photograph property?
    No. If the property can be photographed from a public place you do not need permission.

Where can't I take photographs?
    You need permission to take pictures in Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square if they are for commercial purposes (the permission is expensive). There are also some military sites where photography is banned, but these are well signed.
    I was under the impression that there is a blanket ban on any MOD land (and buildings thereon). Also, they don't like it too much if you whack out a tripod on a tube platform (god knows why).

Taking pictures of pretty much any civil engineering structure isn't illegal but could lead to a nice chat with a police officer or detective which, sadly, is more likely to happen if you're brown than black or white...

Taking a photograph of the police is also not a terribly clever idea.
    [http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture...worry_us_all/]

ReputationRep:

Seriously, to you there is absolutely no difference in terms of humiliation and pain. The only difference is in the maturity levels of the 'perpetrators'. Grow up. Don't take yourself so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    LMAO at people who think it is illegal to take pictures of adults* without consent.
    * anyone.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP can understand how upset you must be, but like so many have said it is your fault and I dont really know why you actually shaved your eyebrows off however be grateful that they will grow back. Some people have to deal with much worse things in life.

Face the music and realise that you will one day look back at this and laugh! Until they grow back take it with a pinch of salt because you might have another person laugh at you (no offence but there will always be people like those guys around).

ReputationRep:
    pls keep anon

i dont post on tsr much but it was the first place i could come to about this

i just got back from work which was probs the worst day ever

i shaved my eyebrows off a couple of days ago when very drunk and was dreading work/going out in public ever since.

today, i had a groupd of grown men (in their 30s) queing up and they were laughing/taking the piss and holding their camera phone out right infront of me. at first i thought they were taking pics of one of their mates who was sat down on the seat across the room, but it was of me and when i served them they were all like gigling and stuff which is when i realised that they took pics of me

shoudl i report them or do i forget about it? i feel like **** and dont want to go back to work. it's so embarassing cos i think all the customers saw them doing it.

please help, i want to kill myself
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5UnWhdazRN...SoSerious3.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    In an ideal world it would be illegal to take a photograph of somebody!! What kind of police state do you want to live in?

To the OP: Welcome to the real world. Try going round with a skin condition that has people constantly staring at you and making comments like I do. If a couple of bar prats make you want to quit your job then you may as well just do it, because you are far too immature to be in such a position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneEyedYellowIdol)

that defies your indelible logic:

This doesn't make sense, my friend.

indelible: cannot be removed or erased; "an indelible stain"; "indelible memories"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

And OP, you're nothing but a silly fool. You're trying to view your situation by negating its cause; you need to accept responsibility for your actions and their consequences.

Those men where somewhat insensitive. Perhaps this is a lesson for you to learn: don't take things too seriously, learn to laugh at yourself. :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    yeah i want to report them for being so "sick" and taking pics of me. they wer ein the 30s ffs why would they do something like that?

and pls leave the whole drunkness morality out of this. i need advice on whether to report them and try and delete those pics off their phone because imagine if they upload them onto facebook? and what if they're regular customers?
    grow up

(Original post by Lrilol)
    You can report them for harassment/assault.
    good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    quit your job and kill yourself - good lord over react much.

just put your ickle emo fringe in the way and youl be sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutee4help)
    In an ideal world it would be illegal to take a photograph of somebody!! What kind of police state do you want to live in?

To the OP: Welcome to the real world. Try going round with a skin condition that has people constantly staring at you and making comments like I do. If a couple of bar prats make you want to quit your job then you may as well just do it, because you are far too immature to be in such a position.
    Excuse me moron, maybe you should read the rest of the sentence! It says in an ideal world where the law is followed properly! Nothing to do with photos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrilol)
    You can report them for harassment/assault.

No they can't. There has been no course of conduct for harassment and no apprehension of immediate unlawful violence / application of unlawful force. Neither offence is even close to being complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barton)
    This doesn't make sense, my friend.

indelible: cannot be removed or erased; "an indelible stain"; "indelible memories"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    I disagree. And would post that family guy clip with that Reginald guy on it saying 'I disagree' from his speeding car if I could find a short enough version of the clip.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.