Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing Film Production & Music Technology Staffordshire University in sept 2009?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Film Production side to it. Well half of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing joint film production. I shall be in me 2nd year but I failed those film tech modules miserably (whoops! Long story) so I gotta retake so I may be in your class :P

Which reminds me, I gotta figure out how to reapply for that module again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drifting_Snow)
    I'm doing joint film production. I shall be in me 2nd year but I failed those film tech modules miserably (whoops! Long story) so I gotta retake so I may be in your class :P

Which reminds me, I gotta figure out how to reapply for that module again...
    kool, whats the classes like what kind of stuff do you do and how are the hours spread through the week(how many hours)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    I'm doing the Film Production side to it. Well half of it.
    kool

ReputationRep:
    Final year film tech for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    Final year film tech for me
    has it been fun?

ReputationRep:
    some yes, some no... having to do pointless modules is annoying too, but i've got on great. Each year the film tech module has been like the one i got the crappest results in with my electives normally being my highest. But i guess i've just lost the passion i originally had for film. But if you're dedicated and wanna see it through it's a great course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youcandogeawrench)
    kool, whats the classes like what kind of stuff do you do and how are the hours spread through the week(how many hours)?
    I'm rubbish at guessing how many people there are but in our classes there were just a bit too many to fit in a classroom. We did for example, a tutorial on lighting and the dude goes through it on a powerpoint presentation, maybe shows you a clip from a film then you go in groups of 3s to get a camera and film a couple of shots taking into account the lighting, then come back and show 'em to the lecturer dude.
    There are random ones too, you'll probably spend one of the first lectures writing anything on a piece of paper for an hour or however long it was (I wrote about how I thought my lecturer was secretly ginger - turns out he is) - just to prove a point of its always better to get something down blah blah...
    Anyway I had (I think) 3 hours straight on one day (you get a break in the middle) in Film Technology, then an hour or two of script writing module or whatever you get on another day. (This was for my joint degree btw)
    Anything else you wanna know :P

Random tip: if you're staying in halls, don't buy a nice fuzzy rug - the fuzz comes of and sticks to the carpet! (it's impossible to get off and you can fail a room inspection for it!) xD

ReputationRep:
    did you not try to use one of those sticky rollers that you use to remove pet hair and fluff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drifting_Snow)
    I'm rubbish at guessing how many people there are but in our classes there were just a bit too many to fit in a classroom. We did for example, a tutorial on lighting and the dude goes through it on a powerpoint presentation, maybe shows you a clip from a film then you go in groups of 3s to get a camera and film a couple of shots taking into account the lighting, then come back and show 'em to the lecturer dude.
    There are random ones too, you'll probably spend one of the first lectures writing anything on a piece of paper for an hour or however long it was (I wrote about how I thought my lecturer was secretly ginger - turns out he is) - just to prove a point of its always better to get something down blah blah...
    Anyway I had (I think) 3 hours straight on one day (you get a break in the middle) in Film Technology, then an hour or two of script writing module or whatever you get on another day. (This was for my joint degree btw)
    Anything else you wanna know :P

Random tip: if you're staying in halls, don't buy a nice fuzzy rug - the fuzz comes of and sticks to the carpet! (it's impossible to get off and you can fail a room inspection for it!) xD

lol thanks for the info dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonyjoe)
    did you not try to use one of those sticky rollers that you use to remove pet hair and fluff?
    I used EVERYTHING, even sticky tape. It's such a sticky carpet. You know like them fuzzy felt boards you stick fuzzy felt to? Lol, yeah like that.

ReputationRep:
    haha nuts well now I know not to bring my awesome fluffy pink mat to the halls :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I will be in third year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperer)
    Yes, I will be in third year.
    so you'll be in my year on my course this september... do i already know you? or are you coming back off placement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    so you'll be in my year on my course this september... do i already know you? or are you coming back off placement?

No I doubt you know me and no I am not coming off of placement. Message me privately if you want to know more. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting my first year of broadcasting and film production technology, looking foward to meeting everyone in film production, seems like a popular course. hope theirs plenty friendly people! i'm coming up to the uni on my own =(

ReputationRep:
    More or less everyone will be on their own mate , your not alone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Music Tech side of it (joint hons with Maths)

And yeah, I'm gonna be on my own too

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.