Scroll to see replies

MissManda...x
I'm doing the Music Tech side of it (joint hons with Maths) :smile:

And yeah, I'm gonna be on my own too :frown:

Im doing Maths :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Does anyone mind giving an example of their week on a Film course? IE, what lectures and things they had to do from Monday to Friday?

I'm just trying to work out travel times etc

Also, does the Uni have a RED One camera? Or maybe have plans to get one?
Reply 22
southlegend
Does anyone mind giving an example of their week on a Film course? IE, what lectures and things they had to do from Monday to Friday?

I'm just trying to work out travel times etc

Also, does the Uni have a RED One camera? Or maybe have plans to get one?

i can't find any of my first year timetables, but i've got this one which is my year 2 semester 2:

and as for RED cameras... no there are none, with zero plans to buy any, and that comes from talking to Roy in stores 9 days ago. The current line up of films stores is available here: --> Clicky but bear in mind thats not fully up to date as last week/this week the TV Studio was due a revamp and is supposed to be upgraded to a Ikegami HDTV Setup to replace the Sony stuff. But as i havn't been up there for a while im not sure if thats been done yet...
Wiggler
i can't find any of my first year timetables, but i've got this one which is my year 2 semester 2:

and as for RED cameras... no there are none, with zero plans to buy any, and that comes from talking to Roy in stores 9 days ago. The current line up of films stores is available here: --> Clicky but bear in mind thats not fully up to date as last week/this week the TV Studio was due a revamp and is supposed to be upgraded to a Ikegami HDTV Setup to replace the Sony stuff. But as i havn't been up there for a while im not sure if thats been done yet...

Cheers Wiggler,

Shame about the RED cameras. I've used one a couple of times and they are truly amazing! However I'm happy enough with a HVX-500 :biggrin:

And thanks for posting that timetable up, it's not as intensive as I thought so I think I'll have time to do other things :smile:

One last question, how is the uni with regards to letting students use equipment for things other than assignments? Are they quite strict on what you can and can't use?

I can't imagine they'd restrict what you can use when you're doing assignment/project work?
Reply 24
southlegend
However I'm happy enough with a HVX-500 :biggrin:

hahahahahahaha they wont even let you see one, let alone touch one till you become a final year student. as a first year the only camera u can go near is a Canon XL1...

southlegend
One last question, how is the uni with regards to letting students use equipment for things other than assignments? Are they quite strict on what you can and can't use?

I can't imagine they'd restrict what you can use when you're doing assignment/project work?

during term time u can borrow things allocated to ur year for what ever you want, when signing things out of stores they dont question wot its for. out of term time, u can borrow things but need to provide ur own insurance...
Wiggler
hahahahahahaha they wont even let you see one, let alone touch one till you become a final year student. as a first year the only camera u can go near is a Canon XL1...

during term time u can borrow things allocated to ur year for what ever you want, when signing things out of stores they dont question wot its for. out of term time, u can borrow things but need to provide ur own insurance...

Ah well :frown: Sounds like I'm almost having a stepback going to Uni lol.

Cheers for answering my questions, you've been a great help. Sure I'll have to buy you a drink at some point lol
Reply 26
Anyone on this forum starting film production and staying at staffs campus, send me a message =)
Reply 27
oooooooo... time to fire up excel me thinks...

Latest

Trending

Trending