Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few guys have referred to me as cute ...i really can't stand this...being 21 it makes me feel like a kid...is this a good thing for a guy to tell you? I'd rather be thought of as hot/sexy in terms of attractiveness at times..

ReputationRep:
    Oh nooo I would rather be called cute.Sexy/hot makes me feel uncomfortable-its just not me. Some girls just aren't "sexy" material,myself included.

ReputationRep:
    Cute is still a compliment :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm twenty and I don't mind being called cute. I'd rather be called cute as I know I'm definitely not sexy, hot or beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Cute, at least for me, is the "girl next door" type.

Sexy/hot is a girl I'm just having severe lust over.

ReputationRep:
    It still means you are attractive, so yes its a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    cute is good for a girl. it has a few more respect points associated with it for me. If i think of a girl as hot or sexy then its purely a sexual thing.

being called cute or beautiful would be much better for me.

ReputationRep:
    I love being called cute

ReputationRep:
    Can you put yourself on display?

ReputationRep:
    Cute is a huge compliment from the male mind. Hot/sexy means they'll take what they want and piss off- cute means you're worth sticking around for.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if i was to say it to someone, i'd mean it as a compliment. if thats any consolation

ReputationRep:
    to look sexy you have to dress a bit like a hoe (including the make up sense too)

ReputationRep:
    I prefer cute girls.

ReputationRep:
    Awww.

ReputationRep:
    Cute is good for a girl. From a guy this means as well as attracting them physically you attract them emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    Well in the case of me and my mates, if a guy calls you hot or sexy it's generally because he's looking at you as something sexual and nothing else.

If a guy calls you cute then he means you're sexy but he can see you as something more i.e. sexy with brains & personality ...

ReputationRep:
    Same here im undecided whether i like being called cute or not :/

ReputationRep:
    for me hot, sexy, fit, beautiful, stunning apply to some girls. not me im more of a pretty, cute girl. it fits better i would feel like i was being lied to if someone said one of the first ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoQualms)
    Quite a few guys have referred to me as cute ...i really can't stand this...being 21 it makes me feel like a kid...is this a good thing for a guy to tell you? I'd rather be thought of as hot/sexy in terms of attractiveness at times..
    I use it as a compliment, and I'm definitely attracted to cute girls. There's no reason you can't be both cute and sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Just like everyone else cute means something more than sexual, though sometimes I do get the impression chicks get that little girl feeling when I use it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.