Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

A taxi driver decapitated himself in his cab in what appears to have been a gruesome suicide.
    The man, believed to be in his 30s, tied a rope to a lamppost and the other end around his neck before driving off in Southwark, southeast London, on Friday.
    His body was found by police slumped in the car — with his severed head yards away.
    Police are treating the driver's death as suicide and are trying to trace his next of kin.
    Officers were called at 12.40 a.m. Friday to the horrific scene in Great Suffolk Street, where the car had crashed into a pillar.
    "Officers attended and the driver was found dead inside the vehicle," a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

ReputationRep:
    dude...great suffolk street is 1 minute away from my house
    im gonna go look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadmau5)
    dude...great suffolk street is 1 minute away from my house
    im gonna go look
    Scout it out.

ReputationRep:
    LOl...it's actually 20 seconds walk away. will be back with pics in 5 mins

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible way to go . My thoughts are with his family.

ReputationRep:
    http://imgur.com/gGmkm.jpg

okay so that's the cab centre where it happened...i'm assuming the still coned off bit is where he actually did it. That whole entrance was blocked off yesterday but I thought nothing of it. haha

ReputationRep:
    Epic. Almost as good as the guy who drowned in chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    i thought people who committed suicide wanted to go as painlessly as possible, because its a way of dealing with emotional pain anyway? weird.

ReputationRep:
    omg

ReputationRep:
    wow that was an extreme suicide
    i would just take pills :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    I bet they are

What do you mean by that?. As far as I know the police are still trying to contact them and inform them of the dreadful news. Whenever there is a death I always think of the family.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're gonna go ... Do it so that you make the news!

Wonder what drove him to it ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxchrisxxx)
    i thought people who committed suicide wanted to go as painlessly as possible, because its a way of dealing with emotional pain anyway? weird.
    What the hell? Says who? I didn't know there was rules and regulations for suicide. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This actually makes me feel a little bit sick. He must have been wasted to think that was a good way to go.

ReputationRep:
    must have put his foot down for his head to fall off

ReputationRep:
    Suicide really does run the world...

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure he didnt feel anything so it was painless

ReputationRep:
    people dont take their own lives for the fun of it. logically to deal with pain is to reduce it, not induce more. duh.
    So when people self-harm they're not physically hurting themselves? Sometimes to (temporarily) relieve pain you have to induce it first. People commit suicide in various ways, the majority of suicidal methods are painful, contrary to your belief on the "perfect" suicide :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why put so much effort into a suicide?

ReputationRep:
    no ****, kid.

people dont take their own lives for the fun of it. logically to deal with pain is to reduce it, not induce more. duh.
    Kid? Shut the hell up. I'm very aware that people don't take their own lives for the fun of it. I'm just questioning your logic, people take their own lives for a many reasons and not everyone wants to die without pain. This guy is proof of that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.