Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are there any international students going to UAL next year who have applied/are in the process of applying for their student Visa?

I was just wondering if you encountered any difficulties with the information that was listed in the Visa letter from UAL. I have headr that a lot of people are getting rejected because the schools haven't followed the proper format required by the UKBA for the Visa letters. I have checked my Visa letter over and over again and it seems fine from what I can tell...

*sigh* this horrible PBS system has been causing me so many sleepless nights and headaches...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I was approved for my visa today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    I was approved for my visa today.
    Same here! I submitted documents last week and everything went well. =)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    When I applied for my VISA, everything went according to plan. On a slightly different note, I'm going to gain British citizenship in a few months. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    When I applied for my VISA, everything went according to plan. On a slightly different note, I'm going to gain British citizenship in a few months. :o:
    Congrats!!

Unfortunately they have made the student visa system a heck of a lot harder and more confusing since you first did it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kittensmittens)
    Congrats!!

Unfortunately they have made the student visa system a heck of a lot harder and more confusing since you first did it
    Thank you. Fortunately, I'll also be able to keep dual citizenship (something I didn't think I could, given the legislation in Japan). Regarding this PBS system they've recently introduced, I was under the impression it was meant to be more efficient than when I applied. I'm assuming you've been confronted with difficulties?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Thank you. Fortunately, I'll also be able to keep dual citizenship (something I didn't think I could, given the legislation in Japan). Regarding this PBS system they've recently introduced, I was under the impression it was meant to be more efficient than when I applied. I'm assuming you've been confronted with difficulties?
    No I haven't had any difficulties with my application, just waiting for it to go through! but I think the system is a lot worse since there is no room for discretion or common sense when it comes to the decisions. Basically if there is one small error anywhere in your application you don't get the "points" and don't get the visa. People have been refused for nonsense reasons, and if that happens there is no right of appeal and you have to do the whole thing again. But anyways, hopefully it will all be ok, i'm just frustrated an annoyed waiting for my application to go through right now :mad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No I haven't had any difficulties with my application, just waiting for it to go through! but I think the system is a lot worse since there is no room for discretion or common sense when it comes to the decisions. Basically if there is one small error anywhere in your application you don't get the "points" and don't get the visa. People have been refused for nonsense reasons, and if that happens there is no right of appeal and you have to do the whole thing again. But anyways, hopefully it will all be ok, i'm just frustrated an annoyed waiting for my application to go through right now :mad:
    Ah hah, patience is a virtue, or so I've been told. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh I was finally FINALLY approved today! yaaay!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ahhhh I was finally FINALLY approved today! yaaay!
    Congratulations. :grin: :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.