Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend got my name tattooed in Zante Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Ahh, right. I was expecting you to say at least 2.5-3 years. Oh well, there's nothing you can do about it; just embrace it for now, I guess.
    Yeah. I guess like someone said if the worst did happen he could get it covered up. I'd like to think that we will be together forever, so hopefully it wont be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    On his shoulder.
    I mean, I really think we are going to stay together, and if he proposed tommorow I would say yes, but its just so permanent. What if we did break up for some reason, I mean what if I died, I can't imagine a tattoo of your exes name is a great way to attract girls.
    yeah i mean its a little harsh on you because if something did happen you'd feel awful leaving him with that
    but then again its his choice, its done and there really isn't much that can change it so don't worry yourself too much

ReputationRep:
    uhoooooooh! thats a lot of pressure on ur part too

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has just text me from Zante saying hes got a tattoo of my name.
    He has spoken about getting it done before so it wasn't just a snap decision, but I'm still not sure it was a great idea. I can't see any reason why we would split up but you never know what is going to happen in the future, and we aren't that old (both 19). On one hand I think its a really lovely thing for him to do, but I can't help thinking that maybe it was a mistake and he will end up regretting it. Has anyone else on here done anything similar? What do people think about it?
    How is your relationship with him? Can he take a joke?

If so, send him a text saying you're breaking out with him!

Give him about an hour before you let him in on it!

And to answer your question, he's a bit of a mad nut, not sure I'd do something like that ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxchrisxxx)
    well as long as YOU don't have his name tattooed on your body i dont know what you're worried about. should anything happen to your relationship you would not the one bearing the physical evidence for it.
    Yeah but I love him, and even if we have broken up I still wouldnt want him to have to put up with something like that.

ReputationRep:
    **** would have been a brilliant thread if you said he got a tattoo of you but you wanted to dump him when he gets back.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. What an eejit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    How is your relationship with him? Can he take a joke?

If so, send him a text saying you're breaking out with him!

Give him about an hour before you let him in on it!

And to answer your question, he's a bit of a mad nut, not sure I'd do something like that ...
    That would be SO cruel!
    I know what would happen as well, he'd go out get insanely drunk and then go looking for a fight, and probably get absolutely battered by the horrible greek bouncers.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you ever do break up it is possible to get the tattoo removed.
    Of course it'll leave a huge disfiguring scare on his body of which he might always be reminded of you by....
    Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I can't see anyone having a problem with this unless they plan on breaking up in the future.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends had a penis tattooed on his lower arm while not sober, he can't wear t-shirts anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    I can't see anyone having a problem with this unless they plan on breaking up in the future.
    I don't have a problem with it really, I think its really cute and it just makes me love him more. I'm just worrying because who knows what its going to be like in 10 or 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    One of my friends had a penis tattooed on his lower arm while not sober, he can't wear t-shirts anymore.
    !!! He should get it covered up with something else, anything would be better.

ReputationRep:
    what a ******* douche bag!
    a year and a half is nothing and your 19 and "first love" no doubt.

Not to mention how chavy it is.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from being stupid, it's a bit 'chavy' for want of a better word. Might as well get the old L O V E/ H A T E on the knuckles next!

ReputationRep:
    !!! He should get it covered up with something else, anything would be better.
    I said that he's a bit stupid though - your boyfriend's one really is fine is what I am saying, it is a sign of dedication (if that matter) and shows he's really serious.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with it really, I think its really cute and it just makes me love him more. I'm just worrying because who knows what its going to be like in 10 or 20 years.
    Nobody knows, but why are you assuming it won't work out rather than assuming it will?

ReputationRep:
    Whenever something like this happens, I am reminded of this.

ReputationRep:
    That's silly. Due to the chances that you could break up, I mean you say you aren't thinking about it and doubt it but 2 years down the line might not feel the same way. However, I'm pretty much against tattoos in general so I guess that may be why too.

ReputationRep:
    lauren from Catherine Tate, anyone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.