Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've seen loads of lovey dovey threads and relationship loving threads, how about one that highlights the pros of singlehood?

Hopefully anyone single reading will be cheered up if they're feeling down about it

I'll start:

It's great to not have to obsess over one person who, if you really love, has pretty much total control over all of your emotions (past experience)

ReputationRep:
    I don't have to spend any money on anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    You can have feelings for any girl and not feel guilty

ReputationRep:
    get to sleep with anyone at anytime

ReputationRep:
    Chatting to numerous cute guys and getting their numbers without feeling guilty.
    Saying that, I don't want to do that anymore

ReputationRep:
    Your own bad experience I think, a good relationship shouldnt be like that.

Erm perks....not having to bother shaving your legs? Not that you have to, but im stumped. Relationships are much better

ReputationRep:
    There are none I can think of, being single is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    No loyalty involved with a girl or bloke in girls cases.

ReputationRep:
    I've just split up with my boyfriend and was hoping this threat would cheer me up, but no it's failed lol

ReputationRep:
    You just look after number one!

ReputationRep:
    No woman...No Cry.

ReputationRep:
    FREEEEDDDOOOOOOMMMM!

But shmeh, I've never had a relationship so I can't really compare it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Your own bad experience I think, a good relationship shouldnt be like that.
    Not really. I meant it as in i loved him so much that if he was mardy with me for something it's all i'd think about and it'd get me really really down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored of these threads in the same way I'm bored of being single.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have someone who has to know what you're doing.

You can chat to the opposite sex more freely without your other half thinking dodgy.

You don't have to spend as much money.

You have more time to concentrate on other things, such as studies if you're studying.

ReputationRep:
    I actually have money.

ReputationRep:
    One less person to think "Now I gotta get THEM a christmas present since they got me one".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echo_magic)
    I've just split up with my boyfriend and was hoping this threat would cheer me up, but no it's failed lol
    I don't imagine there's much to cheer you up if it's just happened, but it does get better believe me

When I first split up with my bf of a year I thought that i'd never get over it, but i'm getting there, and the things in this thread do make me feel better about being single now (although they wouldn't of then).

ReputationRep:
    Being single is awesome!
    -Don't have to be obsessed about why the other person isn't texting you back.
    -You can go out with your friends whenever you want.
    -Your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't take up huge amounts of your life.
    -You don't have a person putting pressure on you to quit bad habits you secretly enjoy.
    -No crying over arguements.
    -And you gain confidence knowing that you can be on your own and deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    I have been single for a week now (after a 2 year relationship...) and I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about not being in a relationship now...

- You don't have to suffer him turning into a slobbering wreck whenever Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus/Lily Allen/whoever comes on the tv :rolleyes:
    - You can look. And flirt. And touch, if you want.
    - You don't have to forever think about someone's feelings - you can do what you want, when you want
    - You don't have to go and see bands you don't like with him... :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.