Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good Things About Being Single! Watch

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to worry about going out, getting drunk and dancing in a club.
    You don't have to worry about a girl complaining that you are too close to your female friends.

Neither of them apply to my last relationship but a lot of people do seem to have this problem and I did have people telling my girlfriend they thought I was cheating because I did those.

You don't have to worry about someone else's problems and put there concerns first. If your in a relationship and you've had a bad day but and you get a phone call from your partner and there upset you have to pretend your in a good mood and cheer them up. When your single and you do whatever makes you feel better without worrying about anyone else.

You have more time to yourself and your friends.

You have more money to spend on yourself.

You have the fun of trying to find someone else although I admit that can be stressful at times.

You can go to a club pull a few times then go home with a smile on your face.

Join in with your single friends playing stupid games. Such as trying to pull with cheesy openers, some of which are just plain terrible. Is a funny funny game.

You can just be yourself. Sometimes in a relationship you find yourself changing your opinions just to keep your other half happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echo_magic)
    I've just split up with my boyfriend and was hoping this threat would cheer me up, but no it's failed lol
    You can stare at Mens bodies on the beach without feeling the guilt!!!

ReputationRep:
    You get to avoid the emotional rollercoaster..

ReputationRep:
    you can be a player

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me hate being single even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateralus)
    I don't have to spend any money on anyone else.
    this is the best thing about being single!

ReputationRep:
    I just feel lost being single, its been like over 3 years, lol. I should be looking at the possitives, but atm im just angry and upset at him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mask Duval)
    One less person to think "Now I gotta get THEM a christmas present since they got me one".
    LOL AT YOUR SIG

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything good. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    LOL AT YOUR SIG
    Perfect picture to prove there is a lot of truth in stereotypes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Being single for long periods of time is only good if you're still getting at least semi-regular sex, I think. In fact, I'd argue that single but regular sex is the best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Erm perks....not having to bother shaving your legs? Not that you have to, but im stumped.
    Stumped in a literal sense?
    You lost them in warfare? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mask Duval)
    Perfect picture to prove there is a lot of truth in stereotypes.
    that cant be true lol, what is a white man doing in africa/west indies with a bucket of kfc in a random area, LOL must be some kind of joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    that cant be true lol, what is a white man doing in africa/west indies with a bucket of kfc in a random area, LOL must be some kind of joke.

Maybe he was just a tourist who decided to treat himself to a bargain bucket, walked outside and saw the two men approaching him and thought,
    "Ah crap, I was warned about this but never thought it'd really happen, eitherway they're not gettin' their hands on THIS secret blend of 11 herbs and spices"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyc)
    You get to avoid the emotional rollercoaster..
    Yeah, coz singletons don't ride that particular thrill-raiser... :rolleyes:

Good things: you're your own man. You decide what you want to do. In my case, breaking up with my ex opened my eyes to loads of flaws in my life. Or rather, I was already aware of them, but it forced me to address them. I feel much better now, I'm more proactive, more organised, and am following what I want to do in life.

So, eh, singledom is good if you grasp it by the horns. Obviously you have to get over your ex first, that hurts a lot, but gradually you can take charge again.

ReputationRep:
    Crippling loneliness. Oh, wait.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    I have been single for a week now (after a 2 year relationship...) and I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about not being in a relationship now...

- You can look. And flirt. And touch, if you want.
    Wow, one week after a 2 year relationship?

Someone moves fast.

Being single gives me the inspiration to write some amazing songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    Wow, one week after a 2 year relationship?

Someone moves fast.

Being single gives me the inspiration to write some amazing songs.
    Haha, I don't mean that I have actually done so yet, I just meant generally, when single you can do that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    you can look crap and not care...and you don't have to share your food in restaurants! YAY!

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to deal with another persons bad (and often disgusting) habits!

You dont have to deal with that bs over who's making more of an effort in the relationship.

You truly get to do what you want. You dont have to watch stupid 'match of the day', when really you want to be watching sex and the city!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.