Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good Things About Being Single! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Being single for long periods of time is only good if you're still getting at least semi-regular sex, I think. In fact, I'd argue that single but regular sex is the best of both worlds.
    Agreed.
    Other than that, the fact you can flirt around with anyone. And not worry that there is the possibility of getting just that bit too drunk and cheating on your boyfriend, which I'm horribly sure would happen to me if I was dating someone.
    And no having to over-analyse arguments/conversations/body language, which gets a bit tedious.

ReputationRep:
    You're free to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    you can look crap and not care...and you don't have to share your food in restaurants! YAY!
    You shared your food?.. Id ***** slap any man that tried to come between me and my dinner!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcake♥)
    You shared your food?.. Id ***** slap any man that tried to come between me and my dinner!!
    I know!! He just, like, reached over and took forkfulls of MY food! I was so speechless I couldn't even say anything!! :mad: That is instant dumping in my book! :p:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I can think of is being free to flirt, kiss, and shag whoever you want.

ReputationRep:
    Everything.

All of the "good" things mention so far I could either do in a relationship or don't apply to me.

ReputationRep:
    I love being single. It's awesome.

You're so free and unburdened.

ReputationRep:
    As a guy, it cures you of that disease ... You know the one where you don't realise you have it and are happy to live with it till you're cured ...

What's it called again?!?!

Oh yeah! I remember ... Onegina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Being single for long periods of time is only good if you're still getting at least semi-regular sex, I think. In fact, I'd argue that single but regular sex is the best of both worlds.
    what if you don't DO casual sex/one night stands though?

Sweet **** All!

(Original post by twizzle)
    then your having a right boring time!

ReputationRep:
    ITT: Youngsters who've never had a proper relationship.

(Original post by Smack)
    I wouldn't have sex outside of a relationship. Not because of morals, but because no-strings sex is ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    then your having a right boring time!
    i won't get into why i don't, but why is it such a bad thing if i choose not to? why is it that i must be having sex with every tom, **** and harry to be having fun?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by twizzle)
    You're going to be very sexually frustrated during singledom then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mask Duval)
    Perfect picture to prove there is a lot of truth in stereotypes.
    ahem *clears throat*

PPHHHHOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH OOOOOOOP.

(Original post by Smack)
    You're going to be very sexually frustrated during singledom then.
    Which is why I hate being single. *yawn*

ReputationRep:
    Being single's great, as long as you're getting it or at least getting some form of attention from the opposite sex.

When, however, you go into a complete drought of ANYTHING to do with the female species, for a fair few months, then it gets pretty rubbish.

And when I say a drought of anything, I mean, pretty much zero interest from the laydees. Very demoralising.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of any. Been single for nearly two years but get no interest from girls.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to put up with a womens never ending **** storm?
    Honestly its so ******* great not having to listen to a bat **** girl who needs me to sort out every-*******-issue.

I have no idea why any guy under the age of 25 has a 'serious relationship'. You're not going to marry the *****, you aint going to spend the rest of your life with the ***** - So why the **** do you waste the best time of your life with some *****? (I know its mainly ugly/insecure guys who do because they need reassurance/a place to get sex as they cant get it like every other guy)

I love being single, there is not one single thing i could get from a relationship i cannot get from being single. Only ****** ass beta pussy guys say 'i do it for the love' or any of that ****.

(Original post by Popular-reject-x)
    Being single is awesome!
    -Don't have to be obsessed about why the other person isn't texting you back.
    -You can go out with your friends whenever you want.
    -Your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't take up huge amounts of your life.
    -You don't have a person putting pressure on you to quit bad habits you secretly enjoy.
    -No crying over arguements.
    -And you gain confidence knowing that you can be on your own and deal with it!
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    I have been single for a week now (after a 2 year relationship...) and I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about not being in a relationship now...

- You don't have to suffer him turning into a slobbering wreck whenever Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus/Lily Allen/whoever comes on the tv :rolleyes:
    - You can look. And flirt. And touch, if you want.
    - You don't have to forever think about someone's feelings - you can do what you want, when you want
    - You don't have to go and see bands you don't like with him... :ninja:
    It would seem that I have been too kind with my previous girlfriends as I have caused none of these problems. I may be guilty of taking up huge amounts of my exes' lives but I'm sure they didn't mind

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.