Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateralus)
    I don't have to spend any money on anyone else.
    I never spend anyway, it's going Dutch with me all the way. If a girl has a problem with this, she might as well f(k) off. :yep:

Good side of being single is that I can do whatever I want, whenever and wherever I want and generally just don't have to give a crap for anything. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Some good replies guys

ReputationRep:
    ahh singledom,
    is something that can be both good and bad
    good points-
    you dont have to get worried about where you lover is and your lover doesnt get
    worried of where you are,no upset about suspected cheating or "flirting"
    also no judgement to who your with or what your doing with the person your with
    you can flirt with who you want when you want and feel good about yourself
    without feeling the guilt of flirting back with someone even though your taken
    bad points-
    sometimes you have points in your life where you want a lover
    but i guess if you look hard enough theirs someone for everyone
    my opinion-
    i dont believe in love as much as i use to i guess thats just my opinion though xD

ReputationRep:
    --No other commitments. You don't have to factor anyone else into your considerations.

--You can get with anyone you want [excepting other people's partners, of course].

--You have a reason for making yourself look extra beautiful everytime you leave the house.

--You can daydream without feeling guilty.

--You don't have to wrry about birthday presents [a present concern of mine haha]

--You dont have to split time between your partner and your friends.

--No silly domestics which leave a horrible taste in your mouth.

--You can watch films you want to watch, rather than boy films, or films niether of you really want to see but have picked as a sort of compromise.

--You can dance how you like when you're out clubbing

:p:
    I do love being with my boy, but I was never one to dislike being single.

ReputationRep:
    Well, nothing people can't do in a relationship some say?

Could you travel alone with someone from the opposite sex? Spend the night talking with someone, coming home late, going to lonely beautiful places, having all the time you want for yourself.

I just can't imagine doing everything I done in my university time, if I had a girlfriend. It's just impossible. Freedom is great! But of course, sometimes it's good to share your life with someone and having someone is there for you, who takes care of you.

ReputationRep:
    Been single now for about 3 months after a 2 1/2 year relationship and whilst it didnt seem so bad to start with it just sucks now. Its boring and lonely and empty.

ReputationRep:
    Good things about being single:
    you dont have to take anyone else into consideration while making decisions,
    you can go out with your friends and not have to worry about your partner
    no arguments that leave you feeling ill
    you can flirt with cute guys without feeling guilty
    theres no one to complain about watching chick flicks and sex and the city
    dont have the constant cycle of hair removal, similarly, there is no one to tell you that you need to shave you legs
    no crying your self to sleep over a guy who doesnt care as much as you.
    you are free to find someone who loves you as much as you love them
    can you tell i'm bitter? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm bored of these threads in the same way I'm bored of being single.
    :ditto:

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmyem91)
    Good things about being single:
    you dont have to take anyone else into consideration while making decisions,
    you can go out with your friends and not have to worry about your partner
    no arguments that leave you feeling ill
    you can flirt with cute guys without feeling guilty
    theres no one to complain about watching chick flicks and sex and the city
    dont have the constant cycle of hair removal, similarly, there is no one to tell you that you need to shave you legs
    no crying your self to sleep over a guy who doesnt care as much as you.
    you are free to find someone who loves you as much as you love them
    can you tell i'm bitter? :p:

These are all very true!! Haha i'm bitter too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.