Turn on thread page Beta

If you were pregnant watch

and you drank a lot and took some mdma during the first week of the pregnancy, would the baby be damaged at all?
    Answer if you have some medical knowledge please!

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm male I would be terrified of being pregnant never mind MDMA!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's medical knowledge, but common sense that says if you drink a lot and took MDMA there is a higher risk of damaging the baby (as well as yourself) than if you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I would be inclined to say yes theres a chance you could harm the developing fetus. But a woman would not know she was pregnant so early, ie you OP said "in the first week of pregnancy". I didnt think it was possible for the pregnancy to be detected so early on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    and you drank a lot and took some mdma during the first week of the pregnancy, would the baby be damaged at all?
    Answer if you have some medical knowledge please!
    Don't worry, I know a woman who had a very healthy baby boy and she drank loads and smoked heavily throughout the whole of her pregnancy, I'm sure your baby (if you are pregnant) will be fine :yes:

Yeah I know it's impossible to detect the pregnancy so early on, so just wonder if alcohol and drugs could do any damage so early on.

Also, is it likely I could be pregnant if he pulled out before he came?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it expect it could. So I would mention it when you go for a check up, they could scan early to look for any warning signs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also, is it likely I could be pregnant if he pulled out before he came?
    Yes but its a very small chance. Have you taken a test to find out for sure if you are pregnant?.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not exactly going to do the baby any good..

(Original post by Annie72)
    Yes but its a very small chance. Have you taken a test to find out for sure if you are pregnant?.
    Sadly it's too early to take a home pregnancy test, oh dear

ReputationRep:
    If I was pregnant, I'd have a lot more problems than drinking.

ReputationRep:
    theyre made of tough stuff. the chances are its ok....

(Original post by Ghost)
    Today's chavviest thread of the day award goes to this thread.
    Congratulations for the most idiotic, uneducated post of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    Don't worry, I know a woman who had a very healthy baby boy and she drank loads and smoked heavily throughout the whole of her pregnancy, I'm sure your baby (if you are pregnant) will be fine :yes:
    Having done a project on the effects of alcohol during pregnancy (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome/Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) I would say that the healthy baby boy is one of the lucky ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not condoning the use of MDMA but I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until 8 months, and she had been drinking and dabbling with pills during her pregnancy and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

From the sounds of it though (and I really hope I don't come off harsh), if you was pregnant would the best route be to keep it?

ReputationRep:
    alcy

Obviously if I was pregnant and keeping it, i'd stop completly. I dont know if I could actually get rid of it...even withou having a surgical abortion. Just wanted to see if a small amount of drug-"abuse" could be detrimental to the childs health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    Having done a project on the effects of alcohol during pregnancy (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome/Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) I would say that the healthy baby boy is one of the lucky ones.
    I agree, but many children born in the 60s were healthy enough with smoking/drinking parents.

My cousin is one of the unlucky ones, he is deaf in one ear and has slight LD, hence why I agree with you in saying that the young boy I know is one of the lucky ones

(Original post by FyreFight)
    lol enjoy your miscarriage.
    God you're witty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.