If you were pregnant Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
and you drank a lot and took some mdma during the first week of the pregnancy, would the baby be damaged at all?
Answer if you have some medical knowledge please!
Gibb~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Since I'm male I would be terrified of being pregnant never mind MDMA!
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think it's medical knowledge, but common sense that says if you drink a lot and took MDMA there is a higher risk of damaging the baby (as well as yourself) than if you didn't.
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would be inclined to say yes theres a chance you could harm the developing fetus. But a woman would not know she was pregnant so early, ie you OP said "in the first week of pregnancy". I didnt think it was possible for the pregnancy to be detected so early on.
HEJ92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
and you drank a lot and took some mdma during the first week of the pregnancy, would the baby be damaged at all?
Answer if you have some medical knowledge please!
Don't worry, I know a woman who had a very healthy baby boy and she drank loads and smoked heavily throughout the whole of her pregnancy, I'm sure your baby (if you are pregnant) will be fine :yes:
Anonymous #1
Yeah I know it's impossible to detect the pregnancy so early on, so just wonder if alcohol and drugs could do any damage so early on.
Anonymous #1
Also, is it likely I could be pregnant if he pulled out before he came?
mumto3
Report 9 years ago
Yes it expect it could. So I would mention it when you go for a check up, they could scan early to look for any warning signs.
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Also, is it likely I could be pregnant if he pulled out before he came?
Yes but its a very small chance. Have you taken a test to find out for sure if you are pregnant?.
menaa-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well it's not exactly going to do the baby any good..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Annie72)
Yes but its a very small chance. Have you taken a test to find out for sure if you are pregnant?.
Sadly it's too early to take a home pregnancy test, oh dear
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I was pregnant, I'd have a lot more problems than drinking.
Benj89
Report 9 years ago
theyre made of tough stuff. the chances are its ok....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ghost)
Today's chavviest thread of the day award goes to this thread.
Congratulations for the most idiotic, uneducated post of the day.
diamondsky99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HEJ92)
Don't worry, I know a woman who had a very healthy baby boy and she drank loads and smoked heavily throughout the whole of her pregnancy, I'm sure your baby (if you are pregnant) will be fine :yes:
Having done a project on the effects of alcohol during pregnancy (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome/Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) I would say that the healthy baby boy is one of the lucky ones.
Halophyte91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not condoning the use of MDMA but I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until 8 months, and she had been drinking and dabbling with pills during her pregnancy and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

From the sounds of it though (and I really hope I don't come off harsh), if you was pregnant would the best route be to keep it?
ANAH
Report 9 years ago
alcy
Anonymous #1
Obviously if I was pregnant and keeping it, i'd stop completly. I dont know if I could actually get rid of it...even withou having a surgical abortion. Just wanted to see if a small amount of drug-"abuse" could be detrimental to the childs health.
HEJ92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamondsky99)
Having done a project on the effects of alcohol during pregnancy (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome/Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) I would say that the healthy baby boy is one of the lucky ones.
I agree, but many children born in the 60s were healthy enough with smoking/drinking parents.

My cousin is one of the unlucky ones, he is deaf in one ear and has slight LD, hence why I agree with you in saying that the young boy I know is one of the lucky ones
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FyreFight)
lol enjoy your miscarriage.
God you're witty.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads