Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people on TSR assume when two people are dating they are in love? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been on this forum for a few months now and I've noticed that in all threads regarding couples having problems someone will all ask ''why would you do that when your gf/bf loves you?''. This is not a problem when the OP has said that they are in love, however, in the majority of cases this isn't the case. Why people always assume a couple are in love? Especially when most posters are still young and are in relationships that have been going on for a few months as opposed to a year upwards.

Has anyone else noticed this? and does it bother you? To me it seems people on here are really naive.

ReputationRep:
    Love is such an overused word now it's quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    cos people on tsr don't date

ReputationRep:
    because if you are in a relationship you should be in love. and yes i know i am in on a saturday night but i do date... if i weren't in love with the boy it would be more of a fling type thing.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you assuming that all people on TSR assume this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)
    Why are you assuming that all people on TSR assume this? :confused:
    Its not an assumptions. You only have to read a few threads in H&R to see it happens time and time again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    because if you are in a relationship you should be in love. and yes i know i am in on a saturday night but i do date... if i weren't in love with the boy it would be more of a fling type thing.
    Don't you think relationships can evolve? You start dating a person to get to know them and if you want to get to know them more and make it a little more serious you make it exclusive. For most people you wouldn't be in love at this point but you would care for the person.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I don't think you can say your in love with someone if you are still at the 'dating' stage, not that i've ever been at the dating stage, i sort of skipped that part in both of my major relationships. I expect a lot of people on tsr think that if you are in relationship with someone you love them becasue at our age (between 18 and 25 at a i guess) we are old enough to not bother with people we don't see oursleves even a little bit in love with.

ReputationRep:
    Because dumb movies nowadays have people in love after 2 days. If you expect us to learn about life any other way then you're wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    I can't agree with this. Some people only become in love after being with each other for a really long period of time. Over a year for some. I wouldn't say that was a fling. It's definitely a relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.