The Student Room Group

Why do people on TSR assume when two people are dating they are in love?

I've been on this forum for a few months now and I've noticed that in all threads regarding couples having problems someone will all ask ''why would you do that when your gf/bf loves you?''. This is not a problem when the OP has said that they are in love, however, in the majority of cases this isn't the case. Why people always assume a couple are in love? Especially when most posters are still young and are in relationships that have been going on for a few months as opposed to a year upwards.

Has anyone else noticed this? and does it bother you? To me it seems people on here are really naive.
Reply 1
Love is such an overused word now it's quite sad.
Reply 2
cos people on tsr don't date
Reply 3
because if you are in a relationship you should be in love. and yes i know i am in on a saturday night but i do date... if i weren't in love with the boy it would be more of a fling type thing.
Reply 4
Why are you assuming that all people on TSR assume this? :confused:
menaa-x
Why are you assuming that all people on TSR assume this? :confused:

Its not an assumptions. You only have to read a few threads in H&R to see it happens time and time again.
oh wow
because if you are in a relationship you should be in love. and yes i know i am in on a saturday night but i do date... if i weren't in love with the boy it would be more of a fling type thing.

Don't you think relationships can evolve? You start dating a person to get to know them and if you want to get to know them more and make it a little more serious you make it exclusive. For most people you wouldn't be in love at this point but you would care for the person.
I know what you mean. I don't think you can say your in love with someone if you are still at the 'dating' stage, not that i've ever been at the dating stage, i sort of skipped that part in both of my major relationships. I expect a lot of people on tsr think that if you are in relationship with someone you love them becasue at our age (between 18 and 25 at a i guess) we are old enough to not bother with people we don't see oursleves even a little bit in love with.
Reply 8
Because dumb movies nowadays have people in love after 2 days. If you expect us to learn about life any other way then you're wrong!
Reply 9
oh wow

I can't agree with this. Some people only become in love after being with each other for a really long period of time. Over a year for some. I wouldn't say that was a fling. It's definitely a relationship.

Latest

Trending

Trending