Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking through the admissions information on the Oxford site for Italian. I was already aware of the need to submit 2 pieces of work (one in the foreign language and one in English) and the test that you sit.

However, for the written work that must be submitted, I'm a bit curious as to what to write about. I'm fine for the part that must be in Italian, but for the writing in English part I'm not.

So, for anyone who has applied for languages for 2009, will be applying for next year, or already studying there, can you tell me about what things you'll be writing?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's meant to be a bit of marked school work. So if you do English or something like that just send in an essay.

ReputationRep:
    I was applying for French and Italian, so I sent in a History essay on Napoleon. That sort of thing, really.

ReputationRep:
    For French I sent in an English Lit essay on Hamlet. Well, that and a decidedly less interesting 250-word French mini-essay on youth and politics. I'd say quality's more important than content, so it's entirely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    I sent in one of my history essays for the English one. It's supposed to be something you've already done (well, will have by then) - it doesn't necessarily have to be relevant to the language.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.