The Student Room Group

Language Admissions Written Work

I'm looking through the admissions information on the Oxford site for Italian. I was already aware of the need to submit 2 pieces of work (one in the foreign language and one in English) and the test that you sit.

However, for the written work that must be submitted, I'm a bit curious as to what to write about. I'm fine for the part that must be in Italian, but for the writing in English part I'm not.

So, for anyone who has applied for languages for 2009, will be applying for next year, or already studying there, can you tell me about what things you'll be writing?

Thanks.
Reply 1
It's meant to be a bit of marked school work. So if you do English or something like that just send in an essay.
I was applying for French and Italian, so I sent in a History essay on Napoleon. That sort of thing, really.
Reply 3
For French I sent in an English Lit essay on Hamlet. Well, that and a decidedly less interesting 250-word French mini-essay on youth and politics. I'd say quality's more important than content, so it's entirely up to you.
Reply 4
I sent in one of my history essays for the English one. It's supposed to be something you've already done (well, will have by then) - it doesn't necessarily have to be relevant to the language.

Latest

Trending

Trending