Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for guys regarding fancying girls Watch

well i usually go for someone who is really witty and has a good sense of humour, not too serious and can take life with a pinch of salt....plus reasonbly attractive of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    It felt like love. It sure was, goddamnit.
    If it feels like love, hurts like love and tastes like love: it's probably heartburn.

ReputationRep:
    I am only interested in girls I have known for some time, and when I get to know them properly that is how I decide whether or not to pursue. If I know a girl likes me I will become somewhat interested in her, though, even if I had not previously thought about her.

I like girls who constantly challenge and keep me on my toes, which includes teasing. But you have to be able to take what you give. If you cannot take a little banter, or you are easily offended then I will get bored of you; like everything it is about moderation.

Stupidity is a huge turn-off. I do not care if you are not that intellectual; it is the girls who willingly submit, or hide their intelligence so that they are not 'threatening' that are the problem. Consequently, I like honesty. I do not care if you do not share my tastes. What I find annoying is the fact girls feign interest or deliberately whine when they do or go something they know they will dislike, but act like they are doing me a favour by being there; a martyr of sorts. Girls are completely inept in some circumstances.

I like strong minded, assertive girls who are not afraid to challenge me, and do not back down. There are a lot of attractive girls so looks tend not to be an issue for me.

ReputationRep:
    I dont easily fancy girls but rather like them for being attractive. She'd have to get me to me on a personal level for me to actually 'fancy' her to be honest though.

ReputationRep:
    Easy to fancy girls. It can happen after while.

ReputationRep:
    Have to get to know the girl usually before fancying them.

Yes it is more easier with the teasing but only if you fancied them anyway imo.

ReputationRep:
    Fancying a girl and just wanting her are entirely different for me. If I just want someone its a case of seeing someone repetedly who looks hot and just looking them up and down (I wouldnt do anything about it, but it doesnt stop me wanting some).

To fancy someone you have to take it deeper, its not just about how physically attractive they are, they have to fit with you. For me thats a girl with a bit of fight in her, whos confident and strong but still has that delicate side. Messing about, being 'pushed' about and just generally having fun is great for building a link there but after so long you just have to see about the serious side. Being all doom and gloom and serious isnt much fun though, serious relationships are great but ultra serious friends are annoying.

Though the dead give away for me is if I fancy them I always think about being cuddly when Im in bed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    well i usually go for someone who is really witty and has a good sense of humour, not too serious and can take life with a pinch of salt....plus reasonbly attractive of course
    That girl in your sig is bloody attractive. who is she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repellent)
    I just wanted to ask the guys two things really, firstly what makes you fancy a girl like could you fancy most girls if you got to know them or is it hard for you to find a girl that you actually fancy and have feelings for?

Secondly is it easier for you to fancy a girl if she teases you a lot (like in a mildly insulting you/cheeky way) or do you prefere girl who are more serious?
    Second bit, hell yeah. serious is boring, i only really like girls who have a sense of humor and tease etc

And there's loads of different things that can make a guy "fancy" a girl, it's kinda a vague question

(Original post by Gibb~)
    Did you get their number?
    Hah, of course not. ""

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Hah, of course not. ""
    Brush up on your appearence, and act confident.

ReputationRep:
    I have probably only fancied one or two people, so maybe I'm just weird but I have to see something special there or I won't fancy them.

(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    That girl in your sig is bloody attractive. who is she?
    my other half....haha i wish! its Jennifer Ellison:drool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.