Turn on thread page Beta

Your Dream House watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask about your dream home; don't know if you've ever even thought about it, or know the exact house?!

Is it in Britain? Which county? How big (sq. feet)? And how much land (acres)?

I'm just curious because I think I've just found my dream house for sale online. Surprise, surprise; it's large, and very expensive. Coming from a lower-middle class family, I think all I ever will be able to do is dream of owning it ....

ReputationRep:
    I want this one. Very expensive though

Spoiler:
    Show
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wizmo)
    Coming from a lower-middle class family, I think all I ever will be able to do is dream of owning it ....
    ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I want this one. Very expensive though

Spoiler:
    Show

haha...I don't reckon that one will ever come on the market for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    ? :confused:
    Some would say I’m being pessimistic. Others would say I’m being a realist...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wizmo)
    Some would say I’m being pessimistic. Others would say I’m being a realist...
    Maybe. It's good to have ambitious goals though, and there's no reason why you can't get your "dream" place if you work hard at it. I'm just hoping there isn't a correlation between my family's "class" and how well I do. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. It's good to have ambitious goals though, and there's no reason why you can't get your "dream" place if you work hard at it. I'm just hoping there isn't a correlation between my family's "class" and how well I do. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic. :p:
    I only said about the class because I was looking it up on Wikipedia, and we say 'pardon' rather than 'sorry' or 'again' if we want someone to repeat themselves, and this makes us lower-middle class apparantly!

And yes, I suppose one only has to look at Sir Alan Sugar's property fortune to prove that I am wrong in thinking it can't be done. I think I'll have to set up a business if I want it though! Even director generals (usually the highest paid employees right?) might struggle with £15m on a house!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    True. Don't worry though; I'm after this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...%3D62%26y%3D10

And I say sorry. :p:

ReputationRep:
    True. Don't worry though; I'm after this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...%3D62%26y%3D10

And I say sorry. :p:

hehe...I saw this listed months ago, can't believe it's still for sale!
    It looks more like a hotel than a house doesn't it?!

I just looked for 'my' house on rightmove, and it's not on there anymore! (It's in Hampshire.)

-I think I'm just going to say 'what' from now on!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.