Turn on thread page Beta

Foundation students and the university experience watch

ReputationRep:
    OK one of my mates has just told me he is doing a foundation course and it starts in early November. My question is students starting a foundation course won't have as much fun then those students started in September because they really don't get the full experience like fresher's week, everyone is new etc What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    the full experience is just not freshers week :p:

its a good fun week, a week of getting drunk then turning up to sign a few things

he will have fun at uni no matter what, freshers week gets to much hype, the last week of uni is better then freshers week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    how come the foundationn course is starting in november?in my uni,foundation students get the same treatment as level 1 students,infact we get the same treatment with all other students in the university,and this is well reflected in our academic calendar as well.the only issue for foundation students in keele is that we have the stigma of everyone knowing that we performed badly in our A levels and other pre university courses,haha(not funny)

but since your friend's course strangely starts in november,that is probably a strong indication that things might be different in his/her uni,and since some foundaion courses might be way harder than A level,it could be a great idea for ur friend to consider repeating the 2nd year of advanced levels (A2),to improve his/her marks and chances of entering straight into the first year in the uni.
    errm I just asked him and he said now its starts on October the 5th, still thats one month and 5 days later he will join the rest of the students in his university.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Where's he going that term will start at the beginning of September? I know, for instance, that term here will start on 5th October (with welcome week the week before).

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I get treated exactly the same and I'm doing a foundation year intergrated...

Depends on the course and the university. I also applied for RHUL for the same thing and their foundation students start EARLIER it just all depends. Not the be all and end all though, it's what you make it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.