Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

driving instructor...is this a no go area guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right ok so i've recently taken up driving lessons and i'm really starting to have pretty strong feelings for my instructor, i'm 21 and he's about twice my age, but we get on incredibly well, we always have such a laugh during our lessons and do feel some chemistry between us. Although he's very professional and clearly doesn't want to let anything get in the way of teaching me, we've exchanged a lot of flirty banter and some equally flirty, suggestive texts from which I know the attraction is definately there on his part. He's not in a relationship, but is divorced with kids, which i'd normally find quite weird and i know all about the stereotype of sleazy instructors making a pass at all young pupils but he's not like that at all, he's really genuwine with a great personality and i've been completely lured in by that.

i've had a few relationships, so i'm not someone naive and inexperienced harking after the attention, nor am i someone who is usually attracted to older men. What i will say though is i'm often easily wrapped up in fantasy, wanting and pursuing what i can't have with ease, i love a chase basically. What do people reckon, is this an unattainable fantasy and should i just get a grip, or go ahead and make what i feel for him clear. I know it might affect his reputation if anything was pursued as it's totally unprofessional, and i mean he's practically a single dad so he probs won't want to do anything that might impinge on his family life...hmm, am i just being a silly little girl here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by its-like-that)
    Right ok so i've recently taken up driving lessons and i'm really starting to have pretty strong feelings for my instructor, i'm 21 and he's about twice my age, but we get on incredibly well, we always have such a laugh during our lessons and do feel some chemistry between us. Although he's very professional and clearly doesn't want to let anything get in the way of teaching me, we've exchanged a lot of flirty banter and some equally flirty, suggestive texts from which I know the attraction is definitely there on his part. He's not in a relationship, but is divorced with kids, which i'd normally find quite weird and i know all about the stereotype of sleazy instructors making a pass at all young pupils but he's not like that at all, he's really genuwine with a great personality and i've been completely lured in by that.

i've had a few relationships, so i'm not someone naive and inexperienced harking after the attention, nor am i someone who is usually attracted to older men. What i will say though is i'm often easily wrapped up in fantasy, wanting and pursuing what i can't have with ease, i love a chase basically. What do people reckon, is this an unattainable fantasy and should i just get a grip, or go ahead and make what i feel for him clear. I know it might affect his reputation if anything was pursued as it's totally unprofessional, and i mean he's practically a single dad so he probs won't want to do anything that might impinge on his family life...hmm, am i just being a silly little girl here?
    chases will get you a major

ReputationRep:
    you could take it further, but be warned he may charge double :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you could take it further, but be warned he may charge double :awesome:
    If she's not butterz, he's more likely to give her discount :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wait until after your lessons have stopped to prevent it from affecting your process of learning? Afterwards I see no reason as to why it's not reasonable to pursue the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    twice your age?

http://rv.humbert.chez-alice.fr/imag...onnesagees.jpg

ReputationRep:
    My former instructor's wife used to be a learner. He's a really disgusting pig though. I wouldn't :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    He's in a position of trust and he's abusing it.
    Also.... eww.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    If she's not butterz, he's more likely to give her discount :ahee:
    so many jokes you can make :rofl:

perhaps indicate that you want to step it up a gear?

ReputationRep:
    just be careful you don't get rear-ended!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    so many jokes you can make :rofl:

perhaps indicate that you want to step it up a gear?
    He can teach her how to properly grasp the gear stick :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are reading the signals and signs???????????

As remember when you see a roundabout sign you must prepare yourself to indicate, and indicate when turning off the roundabout.

ReputationRep:
    gross

ReputationRep:
    Steer well clear.

See what I did there?
    I dont see how you can be attracted to a man twice your age. I wouldnt bother if I were you. Ewwww.

ReputationRep:
    Males whose professions involve driving always seem creepy to me, especially driving instructors and taxi drivers, I don't know why. :dontknow:

You've got me thinking of the scene from the Inbetweeners where Simon is taking his driving lesson.

mirror, signal, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    chases will get you a major
    Whaaaaay *drum rolls*

ReputationRep:
    Go to change the gearstick then accidentally slip and put your hand a bit further to the left. He'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Steer well clear.

See what I did there?
    I dont see how you can be attracted to a man twice your age. I wouldnt bother if I were you. Ewwww.
    haha, alright alright with the jokes.

and well i'm not normally, but he's athletic and pretty attractive for his age. it's his humour, maturity and experience i find most appealling though...not to sound arrogant or anything, but i am considered quite an attractive girl so it's not like i couldn't have someone my own age, i just can't stop thinking about getting with him...I mean i wouldn't be looking for anything serious here as i'm not looking for anything serious at all really right now. I'm just concerned as to how it might be limited by/ pose danger to his profession and whatever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.