Turn on thread page Beta

Called flash for having cash ... watch

ReputationRep:
    Had a weird thing happen today.

I was out with my mates in Twickenham, it's not a place I know too well so we found a small pub to hangout in.

Though I'm a student I've got a really good part-time contract job in IT so I'm lucky in the fact cash isn't really an issue for me, so as I'm better off than my mates I had a creditcard at the bar for buying the rounds. Nothing too diffrent there and my mates LOVE it and I DON'T make a big issue of it.

Now because some of the guys were getting a bit loud in a small-ish bar, I offered a few drinks to the people sitting around us as I thought it would stop them getting pissed off. Some took me up on the offer some didn't ... Thought nothing more of it, however once we were leaving 3 guys decided to kick off calling me a flash git etc etc saying that by offering people in the bar a dink as an appology I was rubbing the fact I had cash in their faces!

My mates and I thought it was a pile of crap and said so ... This resulted in things kicking off and the barstaff having to break things up!

I couldn't belive it! I honestly didn't think I was doing anything to make people feel bad or was I? Or is Twickenham just a **** place to go out?

If so, anyone know anywhere good to go?

ReputationRep:
    If you ever learn anything in your whole life, let it be this:

People are absolute, complete and utter morons.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep your head down, don't make eye contact with anyone, don't speak unless you're spoken to.

Or just do what you want and don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    correction the majority are uneducated, absolute, complete and utter morons.
    its a sad fact of life and what happened to you is bang out of order.
    it amuses me the amount of men who vent out their insecurities through agression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    Just keep your head down, don't make eye contact with anyone, don't speak unless you're spoken to.

Or just do what you want and don't worry too much.
    I live by the not worrying too much philosophy but this bugged me for some reason.

I think it's because I hate being hung up about money, growing up my family had NONE but now things are good but I don't want my life to revolve around it. I just want to enjoy life and if money helps me and my mates or girlfriends\dates to do that, then why not!

Would hate to think that I was rubbing it in peoples faces without realising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selenax)
    correction the majority are uneducated, absolute, complete and utter morons.
    its a sad fact of life and what happened to you is bang out of order.
    it amuses me the amount of men who vent out their insecurities through agression.
    Yeah ... I can hold my own if needs be but it's always as a last resort ... I'm a lover not a fighter ...

ReputationRep:
    Impossible...

People are lame.
    I bet you worked hard for your job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Impossible...

People are lame.
    I bet you worked hard for your job.
    TBH this is the first time it's happened to me but it really made me wonder wtf was happening.

And you're right, I do have to work hard at my job, they don't just throw money at you. I can't imagine how these guys thought I got my moeny ... All very odd!

ReputationRep:
    Changing the way you behave towards people/situations just because you now have money = being flash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis132)
    Changing the way you behave towards people/situations just because you now have money = being flash
    I've not changed but the extend of what I'm able to do has because of money.

My mates will testify I'm the same person now as I was when I was 13 ...

I do agree with you though money does change somepeople but that's normally people who don't have a life and need something like money to revolve things around ..

ReputationRep:
    My family has a few houses in twickenham, i know the area relatively well - what pub were you at?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry man don't know the area so I'm not sure but I think it was called The Nelson. It was on the corner of a road opposite a roundabout ... Do you know it? It's supposed to be cool.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.