Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now accommodation letters are being sent out, who else will be at QEQM?

I'm in BT21, which I'm told is the second floor in the tower block (8 rooms per floor).

ReputationRep:
    F 08 here. Although I might go private instead..

ReputationRep:
    Mine says QEQM Hall WH 13, don't have a clue what that means though. Do you know if we get any cooking facilities at all...i mean i know we get one meal a day but what about other meals?

ReputationRep:
    you get a microwave, a fridge and "snack making facilities" - could take other stuff to use though I guess like an electric hob, george forman grill.. i might get one of these if i do go
    http://www.firebox.com/product/2173/...ake-Pizza-Oven

ReputationRep:
    I might get this then, has an oven and hobs : http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...EMINI+OVEN.htm

Only got 5 days to decide if im going to accept, im guessing this wasn't your first choice either lol

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking at that as well! Bit skeptical though 'cause of some of the reviews..

and yeah.. not exactly my first choice! but i only applied in may so i guess i should be thankful i got a place anywhere

ReputationRep:
    aha! all is not lost.. i've just read most of the hall of residence handbook and at the end it does actually say in reference to QEQM "Each kitchenette is equipped with a fridge-freezer, microwave, mini-oven with hob and a kettle."

so I guess we wont need to buy one then!

ReputationRep:
    Hello neighbours! Got qeqm hall c07. Dunno what it means :P

ReputationRep:
    oh thats great news then! However I just took the virtual tour and the kitchin is tiny compared to the other halls. Do u know how many people we will be sharing the kitchin with?

ReputationRep:
    No idea, think I'll give them an email with some questions now

ReputationRep:
    oh ok...can you give me the answers if you dont mind?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is in G has like..the worst halls in Langstone..good luck :P

But QEQM isnt THAT bad...at least you get food

ReputationRep:
    Poor guys in G. But why's that?

ReputationRep:
    Does F 08 indicate building F flat 8, and would that mean I'm on the ground floor? Your room is on the first floor

How many people are generally allocated to each kitchen? it can vary generally it is 5

Are there any shared social rooms / living spaces available other than the kitchen in each building? Not in the actual blocks but there is a tv lounge and bar area as well as a refectory area.

Does the catering provided offer alternatives for vegetarians? please contact the hall on 02392844529 for catering enquiries

Is it correct that every kitchen includes a mini-oven with hobs, as well as a microwave, fridge and kettle?
    This information is detailed in the Hall handbook

They seem fairly happy to answer any questions!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate. I decided to accept, sent off the form and paid online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danharper)
    Now accommodation letters are being sent out, who else will be at QEQM?

I'm in BT21, which I'm told is the second floor in the tower block (8 rooms per floor).
    you are actually on the 3rd floor ground floor doesn't have any rooms on it. and im sure your on a corner facing south west.

ReputationRep:
    QEQM HALL B 20? anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voxxy)
    Poor guys in G. But why's that?
    The location of it, the building itself. It is slightly different to the other buildings, when I was there, the whole top floor flooded..and everyone was relocated to different halls, also, I was living on the bottom floor..we had the smallest kitchen of the whole University Accommodation :/ they may have improved the place since then..but if they havent...good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, sounds nasty on so many levels :P Anyway anyone knows where hall c is? And 07 is my room number or floor, or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voxxy)
    Ugh, sounds nasty on so many levels :P Anyway anyone knows where hall c is? And 07 is my room number or floor, or what?
    C house map is near the top.
    7 would be your room number that is on the ground floor

University open days

1. University of Portsmouth
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.